Snow, stars, and beauty

I AM SO SO SORRY FOR HOW LATE THIS IS!! I had the mother of all writers block and really really didn't know what to write. I had a draft, but it sucked. Therefore, I deleted it and started all over. I'm not done, but this is my apology.

DISCLAIMER: I DO NOT OWN BLUE EXORCIST

It was supposed to snow the night before, so no one was surprised by the layer of snow that fell that night. Waking up was a peaceful action, after no one was training. As Ren lay there, he suddenly heard a fast knocking on his door. He sat up on his bed. "Who is it?" He called over. Without answering, the door opened to reveal Konekomaru and Kinzou standing there. "Come look this. Right now." They said in perfect unison. Without waiting for an answer, they pulled the pink haired male out of bed and pulled him along the hallway. "W-wha? Guys? What is this, what going on?" He cried as they continued to pull him, to the living room evidently. Then he heard it. Rin's laugh. Although he had been healing, to be graced with his laugh these past few months was something special. He walked forward, and looked outside, to have his breath catch in his throat. He seeing the most beautiful sight anyone could ever have the pleasure of laying eyes on.

Rin was outside in the snow, playing with Kuro. He was wearing a baggy pair of sweatpants, and a hoodie he vaguely recalled Bon owning. His hair flopped from side to side as he chased the cat, the smile never wavering from his face. The soft blue glow around him told them his powers weren't being contained by the Kurikara. His eyes held a happiness he had never seen before, and made the scene all the more beautiful. Made Rin look all the more beautiful. The still falling snow in his hair, the flush to his pale cheeks, and the blue light surrounding him made him look, ironically enough, angelic. Then he got a snowball to the face. "Come play with us, Ren! It's more fun with more people." He called over playfully. Ren grinned. "Oh, I'm coming out there! You're gonna get it for that!" Without much mind for the mere shorts and t-shirt he was wearing, Ren pulled on a pair of shoes and ran out to join them.

Konekomaru, Kinzou, and Bon watched from the room. "Guys," Bon began. "I just sent a picture to Izumo, Shiemi, and Shura. This is the response. 'I think we can all agree on one statement. If Shima breaks Rin's heart, he dies.'" He read aloud. Konekomaru spoke up. "Is it bad I agree with that statement?" Bon grinned. "It's not. If it is, I'm just as bad." Kinzou laughed. "Whatever. I think breakfast is ready, and I know they won't wanna miss it. Come on guys!" He called over.

Line break

"Hey, Ren? It's clear out tonight. Wanna go star gazing?" A soft voice called over to him. He gave the half demon a look. "But there's snow everywhere. We'd be soaked, and then we'd freeze." He said. Rin snickered. "Well, yeah. That's why I scraped off the snow on the roof this morning." Konekomaru stopped. "I-isn't that a bit dangerous? I mean you could fall off." He reminded them. Rin smiled. "I did it a lot when I was younger. The old man let me and Yukio do it all the time." Ren sighed. Well, sans any argument about Rin being more durable than him. "Welp, I guess we'll need a couple blankets." He said getting up. Before he truly knew it, he was on his back, looking up at the heavens, the blue haired half demon by his side.

RENZO POV

As we observed the bright stars, a thoughtful look overtook Rin's face. "It's amazing, you know. Something like a million planets and stars outside of our own. Nothing like a fact like that to make you feel small. Makes you think. If you were to go missing, just drop off the face of the planet, the majority of the world would continue as normal. Sure, a few people would care, but what's that against the other 7 billion people on earth? That's the same sort of thoughts I had when I'd, you know." I did, too.

"You know, I honestly never thought I had a future. I could never click with school, and everyone was either scared of me or hated me. That's even before I met you guys, or knew anything about this. Dad would get mad, because he was worried I'd end up homeless when I moved out. I never really had a plan for that. Figured I'd die in a gang fight or something." He admitted.

"Damn. That makes me relieved you did find out." Rin laughed. "You're telling me. Even though for the first year I had a death threat on my head, it was nice. Okay, at least." "How is the Grigori doing with that right now anyway?" I wondered. Rin hummed. "The old bastards are finally getting it through their thick skulls that mass genocide and general world destruction aren't on my goal list. They leave me alone for the most part. Who said they have a say in who lives or dies, anyway? They're just a few humans. Makes me sick, how arrogant they really are." He said.

"Wow, I never thought of it that way." Rin sighed. "Not many people do. You know, that wasn't the first day I considered it. Offing myself, I mean. There were times where I just wanted to end it. Go out on my own terms, I suppose." Now that made me worried. "You don't still want to, do you?" I asked. "Huh? No, not at all. Honestly, I'm really happy right now." I felt a tingle in my gut. Suddenly Rin gasped. "Hey look a shooting star." I looked to where he was pointing, just barely seeing it before it faded away. "Beautiful, isn't it?" I couldn't speak my response. Yeah Rin. You are beautiful. I leaned over to him, my breath catching in my throat again.

The kiss was brief and simple. Just pressing my lips to Rin's. When I pulled away, we were both blushing at my boldness. Rin smiled and glanced down. I smiled back, wrapping an arm around his shoulders, leaning us back against the blanket, the only sound being our breaths as they clouded in the December air.

LINE BREAK

When we finally came back in, Rin went to get a snack and I thought. My desire to see Rin happy, my utter enthrallment of him when he was out there. My deep caring for him. the desire to hold him, be with him. there was only one explanation. I flopped on the couch next to the sibling closest to me in age, shock filling my veins. "Kinzou-nii. I think I'm in love." My older brother grinned. "I know."