I can't do this anymore

AN: I'm really putting Rin through hell here. I swear after this things get better. Poor Rin-chan. Oh well, this was but an idea I had and now we have this. There is a suicide attempt in this chapter too.

DISCLAIMER: Yep I'm Kazue Kato. Just kidding!

'To whom it may concern, Rin Okumura is going to commit suicide at 6:30 PM today. Don't try to stop me, I can't do this anymore.' Those were the words Rin typed into the group chat on his phone. Yukio was out on a week long mission with no chance of coming home early and stopping him. It was now or never. They probably wouldn't care anyway. Granted they had long since stopped hating him for being the son of Satan, but still, it would be best to get the screw Okumura out of the way. So here he was, in a secluded part of the woods, at the edge of a cliff, with a knife, a full bottle of sleeping pills, a sheathed Kurikara, and a suicide note.

Honestly, he came here at four. He wanted to think. This was one of his favorite spots to go to when he wanted to be alone. No one knew about it, except Kuro. Rin hoped he wouldn't be too upset about his death. So here he was, 45 minutes before he was scheduled to die, legs dangling haphazardly over a cliff, humming to himself. He took another glance at his suicide note.

Last words, apologies, and to a certain extent, blame. Blaming Satan for killing Dad, Rin himself for feeling this way and making the decision to do this, and Yukio, for constantly breaking his promises to stop. The rest, Kuro, Shura, the old Exwire group, he begged not to blame themselves. Bon, his rival and second real friend, Shima, someone he could laugh with and sometimes at, Shiemi, his first real friend and always so sweet and kind to him, Izumo, who always judged him but never once for his lineage, Konekomaru, who was always so scared of him, but who begged for forgiveness when he realized how wrong it was, and Shura, who did her best to help learn to control his flames and defended him when he was up against the Vatican. More than that, he detailed the abuse he suffered at Yukio's hands, if to keep another victim from happening. Begging and pleading one final time, 'Please stop. This addiction killed me and it will kill you too. I don't want that. I love you little brother.'

Rin looked up at the orange sky. He checked his phone for any messages, and stopped. A whole half hour had passed. A whole half hour of lamenting. Rin had heard of people feeling anxious when on the cusp of ending it all, but all he felt was calm. It was going to end soon. He could escape. He wondered if he would go to heaven, be with Shiro again. Probably not. All anyone ever told him was that he was a demon that deserved Gehenna. Sometimes, he wanted to ask what he had done to deserve it. Most times he simply believed them. No messages either. Huh. Guess they really didn't care. That hurt. He felt the stinging in his eyes. He found himself unable to care. Fine. He was done. Time to end this. He picked up the knife and pressed against his throat. "Rin!" He dropped the blade in shock. Shima Renzou. What the ever living fuck could he possibly be here for?

Out of nowhere someone grabbed him by the back of his shirt and hauled him backwards, away from the cliff. Rin grunted as he was thrown back against the ground. "What the hell, Rin?! What do you think you're doing?!" Oh great Bon was there too. Rin quickly wiped the tears from his eyes and glared. "Is that even a question at this point, dumbass?" He snapped. "You saw the text and you know what I was about to do. And how did you even find me?" His demands were met with a yank to his arm. Bon dragged him to his feet and began pulling him in the opposite direction, Renzou following behind. Rin huffed. "I'll ask again, how did you find me? I'm the only one who knows about that spot." Bon didn't answer, seeming more intent on dragging him away from the cliff. "Hey!" Thankfully, Renzou answered this time. "Turn around." Rin twisted his head to the side to see a relived looking Kuro on the pinked haired male's shoulder. "You little-ugh." Rin groaned in frustration. 'I'm not losing you like I lost Shiro, Rin.' His face was somber as he informed the half demon of that unfortunate truth.

Rin sighed. "Look where are we going, anyway?" Rin asked. "Taking you home, and telling Yukio what you almost did." And the switch was flipped. "No!" Rin cried. He tore his hand away from Bon's, rushing to get away from the fate Bon was residing him too. Rin couldn't go back. His entire reasoning was to escape Yukio anyway. "You-you can't, please!" Rin cried, new tears forming in his eyes. Now both Renzou and Bon both looked worried. Kuro suddenly darted off back to the cliff. He came as quickly as he left, Rin's suicide note in his mouth. He dropped it and gave a stare of 'read it'. Renzou picked it up and Bon looked over his shoulder. It was rather long, but evidently they were speed readers. A moment later Renzou looked horrified and Bon looked ready to murder someone."My god, Rin-chan. I-I had no idea." Renzou looked up at Rin. Rin smiles weakly. "How could you? I never wanted anyone to know." Tears made their way down his face as every emotion he had repressed came flooding right back, and he let himself break down in front of them. He sobbed into his hands, "I can't-I can't do this anymore. I'm scared, and I don't want to die. I just want this to end." He admitted. Renzou wrapped his arms tightly around the sobbing boy. "Shh. Rin, it's going to be okay Rin. I promise, it's going to be okay." Rin had heard that promise before. This time he was willing to believe it.

This was way longer than the prolouge, Yay. I hope you enjoyed this little story that came from the black pit of dispare that is my mind. Please review, constructive criticism is always encouraged. Ja ne and God bless.