CHAPTER 20: It's Getting Hot In Here

Comenzar desde el principio

"Kid, relaaax. He's fine. Now, what about him?" Duke calmly stated.

Kevin released a sigh of relief then asked, "Well, could you give him this watch, or send someone to give him, or whatever?"

Duke chuckled sarcastically, "I know what you're trying to do. It's not gonna happen."

"And what am I trying to do exactly?" responded Kevin, resentfully.

Duke rested his hands on his knees, eyed Kevin and said, "You're trying to give your friend clues about your whereabouts."

Kevin looked away. A sheen of sweat formed on his forehead when he said, "Well, I'm not gonna lie," he looked down playing with the watch on his lap, "I thought about it, but I know that you'll check everything through and find the clue. Then," he gulped and continued, "You're gonna find a way to torment me."

"Torment, huh

"Torment, huh. You have no idea," he shook his head. "I'm gonna TEAR YOU APART in ways you can't even imagine," threatened Duke.

"I'm not gonna do that, ok?" Kevin feistily uttered. "Are you down for the deal or not?"

"Yeah, OK," Duke shrugged his shoulders.

Kevin followed his request with another, "I also wanna write a letter--"

"Alright, now you're pushing it." Duke gestured his hand to stop Kevin from finishing his words with an angry tone of voice.

"But how would he know that it's from me? Or why I sent it?" questioned Kevin, whining a bit.

Duke huffed while turning his head away, but he quickly turned back and uttered, "What's the deal between you two anyway?" A slow smile began to form on his lips. Then he playfully asked, "Should I feel jealous or something?"

Kevin shook his head and stuttered, "What! Why? Why would...," while blinking rapidly until he raised his voice, "What the hell do you even mean?"

Duke patted his lips with his fingers, drew a confused expression on his face and said, "Well, isn't it obvious? I kissed you. You're about to kiss me. You're wearing my clothes. We're living under the same roof."

"