CHAPTER 20: It's Getting Hot In Here

Start from the beginning

Kevin looked down playing with the Rolex between his hands and sighed, "Good point." Then he eyed Duke and asked, "How about I pay for it?"

"Oooh," Duke said amusingly and laughed. He leaned forward, placed his arms on his knees, clasping his hands together, and winked, "What kinda payment?"

 He leaned forward, placed his arms on his knees, clasping his hands together, and winked, "What kinda payment?"

Kevin lowered his head. With a frown, he said, "The kind that you like." He lowered his voice to embarrassingly say, "A kiss."

"Wha.. What!?" said Duke while blinking several times in a row.

"I am willing to give you a kiss," he hesitatingly repeated his offer and turned his gaze to Duke, carefully checking his reaction.

"Just to be clear here," said Duke while putting his hand forward and tilting his head in confusion. "We're talking about a lips to lips kiss?" He raised his eyebrows as he said it.

Kevin sighed a "Yes" while fighting the nauseous expression off of his face. I never thought I would go this low.

Duke's jaw dropped for a while. He couldn't believe that this very stubborn and very attractive kid would be desperate enough to give such an offer. Then he shook his head and spoke, "Excuse me. I'm just having trouble believing that you are 'willing' to do it?" marking the 'willing' part with an air quotation while teasingly laughing.

"I am," Kevin annoyingly replied. "So, do we have a deal or what?"

Duke drew the widest smile ever on his face then excitedly nodded, "It's a Deal."

Kevin scooted away to the right to make room in the bed for Duke to sit. Duke got off his chair and approached the bed. He rolled his eyes as if he forgot something, and said, "Wait a minute." He pointed his finger at Kevin, "You didn't tell what the favor is."

"Oh, yeah. You remember this Rolex?" He raised the Rolex for Duke to see.

 You remember this Rolex?" He raised the Rolex for Duke to see

"Yeah," answered Duke.

Kevin continued, "And I'm sure you know where that guy lives. the one who broke into your room."

"As a matter of fact, I do." He crossed his arms and said, "He's at 509. So?"

Kevin glared at Duke, clinched his teeth and asked, "Is he ok?"