2

(JEANINE)

This is when I run towards the Healing Faction as what Lawrence would have wanted me to do whilst she's down there, probably trying to escape from Anne and Cillian in Buckingham Palace.

I need to tell Viola about this as I know that she is the head of a rebellion which I once despised but now... now my hatred towards her is not that bad but I still dislike her.

But she is my last resort.

She needs to help me - we need to form an allegiance. I need to join the rebellion which was once against me to save my country-

My home-

Our home.

Making me think of this causes me to run faster, breaking into a sprint: the fastest sprint I have even broken into. My chest hurts badly as if someone is smashing it with a hammer or Anne is attacking it with her mind like what I used to do with Lawrence-

"Halt!"

I stop and stare around me.

The Healing Faction is so close! Why stop me now?

I raise my hands and place them behind my head and I see a woman with long brown hair, dressed in all clad-black, English Rose skin, emerald green eyes, facial features looks so youthful.

"Why are you here?" she snaps at me.

"Lawrence is held hostage." I tell her, hands still resting behind my head. "So is Adam. I need your assistance."

She walks up to me and stops so close that I can feel her inhaling and exhaling.

"Who by?"

"Anne and Cillian Holloway."

She smiles and shakes her head, trying not to laugh. "I know you Jeanine. You lie. Cillian is dead. Anne wouldn't go and attack her own daughter!"

"Daughters, actually," I try to correct her in the most kindest way possible.

She looks away but I place my hand on her cheek, thumb sliding behind her ear. "Viola. Listen to me. Please."

Viola looks down at the floor, biting at her lip, swallowing what seems like guilt and she's hiding a blush from her cheeks but failed. I feel my fingers run through her brown hair and I hope she knows about what I want to do but enemies cannot fall in love with each other; they're supposed to be fuelled with hatred. Not an affectionate feeling towards one-another.

She looks at me, into my eyes and that's when my heart races. I haven't told anyone about my feelings towards the same sex but I think she has. Probably Lawrence or Adam. Adam would have been a good choice as he is one of the most caring males I have known.

"What do you need?" she questions, reaching her hand towards mine (the one which is brushing her hair) and removes it.

"Allegiance: that's what I need."

She nods and cocks her head towards the entrance of the Healing Faction.

Viola opens the door, lets me walk in but everyone stares at me in either fear or antagonism.

"What is she doing here?" one (who I recognise as Toboni) questions.

"Yeah!" one other says (Lee).

"She wants to join forces. Reason why is because Anne has betrayed us and she has Lawrence and Adam in captive-"

"In Buckingham Palace where all the weapons which I have created is stored and hidden. She has Cillian who I did not know who was alive - I thought I killed him. So all of you know bits about them both now, don't you?" I state.

The room is filled with silence.

"I knew Lawrence back at New Elizabeth when I found out she was one of your test subjects then we have became the closet of friends. Adam looked after me after I ran away from your grasp. Then they are both a couple as I saw them both up a hill a few weeks back." Toboni says.

"I saw Lawrence as soon as she got out of a forest fire with Toboni but then as soon as she saw me, she threw up-"

"Lee. That was because of the lack of oxygen back there, not because of your looks." Toboni sighs.

I nod as I hear what everyone says about my sister and her boyfriend. I want to cry as I retreated from the situation but at least I am going to get assistance.

"Adam was a patient of mine, suffering from paralysis but Viola came to his rescue. I don't know much about Lawrence but I've seen her when she is unconscious and she looks peaceful. Maybe because she had a tough childhood... stuck in a violent present?" Davy - Viola's brother - says.

"Yeah..." I say, regret floating around my noisy head. "Mostly because of me. I caused her-"

Viola raises a hand to signal that I should "shut my petty mouth" if it was in her words.

"Right. Buckingham Palace," Viola wonders. "Looks like we are going to enter a war zone." She examines one-to-the-other and says, "Toboni will come with Jeanine and I, Davy and Lee will warn all the civilians to evacuate the city. Lily and Candace will go into all the servers and hack them all."

"Wait. They can't be hacked into!" I realise as I remember I built all of them.

"Any piece of technology can be hacked into. Yours may be hard to break into but Candace Mathers can break into anything. If she wanted to get into the files of the Hexagon - which is no more - for criminal records and confidential data then she can do it within 15 minutes all in binary-"

"Well. The stereotypical hacker would use binary to hack into servers..." Lily says. "Candace followed that pattern and she has become some of the most famous hackers in the Commonwealth."

I smile and she nods back.

"Right. Let's go. Toboni, fetch the guns," Viola turns to me. "Do you know how to use a gun?"

"If I ended up shooting Adam in the stomach with one bullet then I can. And Adam taught me the functions of the latest upgrade of the shotgun."

"Right." she says as everyone splits up. Davy and Lee exit the building, Lily and Candace run around a corner - probably a secret bunker or something among those lines - and Toboni runs up a set of stairs to fetch the weapons.

I face Viola and I bite my lip. "I am sorry for everything..."

"I ain't doing this for you," she says (breaking my heart) whilst putting on a bullet-proof vest on underneath her shirt. I can see her fumbling for the straps so I ask if I can assist her.

"No. I'm fine thanks." she looked at me whilst saying that but then turns around, pursing her lips, scowling.

"Viola... I am trying- no, pleading towards you but you ain't acknowledging it at all! Maybe it ain't me who's being selfish, Redwood. You are!" I seeth through my teeth. "This is hard. If Lawrence wasn't kidnapped and I hadn't been held hostage by that Anne-bitch which you once worshipped, I would of spat over your dead corpse - possibly smile at the fact you are dead or bleeding out. I'd leave you to die. But as the truth's out: Lawrence is my sister, I'm wanting to save her and yet owe all the people who I terrorised horrendously an apology and I'll beg if I have to but you ain't taking none of it! I GOT FORCED TO DO ALL THOSE TERRIBLE ACTS BY MY FATHER IN DEFENSE OF LAWRENCE! THAT'S WHY I TOOK HER INTO CUSTODY UNTIL SHE RAN AWAY-"

"Well, maybe if you stop shouting at me, I'll understand!"

"If you two stop arguing then we can do what we have been requested to do!"

We turn around to see Toboni with a black-sack of weapons. She slings it over her shoulder and fixes her newly-placed eye-patch over her blind eye. To be honest, she suits it with her short hair and black eye-patch with a white outline of a phoenix. The one which - I remember - I requested to print onto Lawrence's back as soon as she became unconscious.

I smile and I nod - trying to forget the memory of what Viola and I encountered. "Okay then. Let's get our butts into gear and kick some ass."