Love again

//Author's note: Hello everyone! I know it has been over 2 years since I last updated and I want to apologize for keeping you waiting for so long. I just want you to know that I never abandoned this story and it has been on my mind from time to time. I'm currently working my way through college and I barely have any time to write my stories like I used to 2 years ago. However, I'm finally back since I managed to figure out a perfect ending for this story, speaking of which, this is the final chapter of this story since I don't want to leave it hanging any longer. I wish to make proper closures to my other stories as well. Thank you all for your support and patience through these years. I hope you will like the last chapter of this story. Please enjoy!

OCTOBER 19th

"Oi, missy."

One shot.

"Do ya hear me?"

Second shot.

"C'mon, talk to me."

Third shot.

"(F/n)."

You hopped slightly by surprise as you heard a familiar  voice call your name. Without hesitation, you turned your head to the direction of the voice.

"Tetsu-." You began, stopping midway. 

No, It's not him, it couldn't be. Remember? You haven't seen him in months - 9, to be exact. Your memory was not the best in this confusing state. 

That messy haired grinning idiot was no longer there to support you when you had it rough, instead you gave in to alcohol which had become your new source of comfort. Everyone else knew you weren't alright but in your mind drowning in alcohol was better than watch your loved one treat you like air. He was like a shadow - he would be there for you on your bright moments but abandon you the instant things got more dark. In a situation like this a bottle of whiskey was key for you forgetting about your past and it was bringing you happiness. How bittersweet.

"(F/n), you should go home. You are no longer in sober state and that man won't leave you alone as long as you stay here." The familiar voice spoke again with gentle warmth.

You lifted your head and gazed up at the person, your eyes slowly focusing the face as you tangled your fingers around the filled glass, preparing yourself for another shot. You could finally see dark brown eyes and short shiny hair, carried by an athletic body belonging to a rather tall man. This person was...

"Sawamura..." You breathed out with a tired tone. Yes, now you remember. You met the former captain of Karasuno High School volleyball team a few days ago by a chance while on your way home from college. He told you he was visiting Fukuoka to meet up with a close friend. You have known him for years through the volleyball groups. You decided to meet up in a pub and have a proper conversation. 

He had asked you about him which had escalated to you drinking way too much... and here you are, drunk and looking like a complete mess. This is not how proper people behave, (F/n). Shame on yourself.

"Please call me Daichi, we're friends, right? Now, let me help you up." He said with his usual soft tone, moving close to you. You could smell his fragrance as he hugged you gently to get you on your legs, moving his left arm around your waist. He was too kind to you considering the fact that you were the one to blame for all this. You were the one who had acted selfishly and left him for your own self-absorbed reasons.