Back to normal

Nursing you back to normal was easy. It didn't took you long to recover from the incident and even your personal doctor wondered how full recovery was even possible in such a short time. It was all of course thanks to your boyfriend, Kuroo. He made sure that you were eating healthy and got enough fresh air. He had even asked your friends to visit you when he wasn't around - someone had to take care of you. 

Yeah, someone, but not him

For him, it seemed like it didn't really matter, anyone was capable to look after you. Even though your life had changed tragically and your life as an university student was aborted, at least for now, his life continued on the same track like nothing had happened. Of course he sent you messages every day, telling you about his life, about his achievements, night-outs and so on. Sometimes he even asked about how you were. But he was away most of the time.

Nursing your body back to normal was easy, but again, keeping you pleased was a whole different thing. 

You had wanted things to change between you and him, and you had even thought that after the incident he would give you more attention. It wasn't like he didn't love you, you knew he did, but he had forgotten the most important thing about relationships - feeling loved. You wondered if he ever missed you while he was away from home, in another city.

You sure missed him.

Weeks turned into months, your body had fully recovered and you had a change to start studying in University again. You had to move on and start studying for a career like you had done before the incident. Kuroo was currently on the other side of Japan - his team had a tournament in Sapporo, so he promised to come back to Tokyo after the game. You didn't think much of it since you were already busy with trying to find a new university to get into since your last had given your spot to someone else. You tried calling a few universities in Tokyo but they told you that they couldn't possibly take in any more students.

You started to search for possible free spots from a little farther. First it was from Nagoya, then Kyoto, Osaka, Kobe...

And then Fukuoka. You were very amazed that day when you finally got a message from the university. They gave you a permission to take part in the Entrance Examination. You sure were happy, not even thinking about how far the place was from Tokyo. All that mattered was that you finally got a place to study at.

And of course you had to tell Kuroo about it when he got back home.

-----

He had just taken a shower and was now sitting on a couch, watching TV and wearing his pajamas. You stared him at the doorway to your kitchen. He didn't seem to notice you until you opened your mouth. He probably thought that you were already sleeping since he had returned at night, earlier than first supposed though.

''Kuroo. I thought you weren't supposed to return until next morning.'' You said with a surprised tone.

''Ahh, (f/n), didn't see you... anyways, I got into earlier train. We didn't stay at the end of the ceremony since we didn't win. It's good to be back though... and great to see you in good shape.'' He answered while smiling. You laughed a little, moving closer to him so you were now blocking his view of television. He had no other choice but to give his whole attention to you.

''Well, guess what!'' You said excitedly. 

''Hmm?''

''I'll be going to Fukuoka this friday?''

''Cool. Why? You and your friends going shopping?''

''No. To take the Entrance Examination of Fukuoka University!'' You continued with an excited tone, taking his hands on yours while smiling. ''This is my change to get back into studying!''

Kuroo stayed quiet for a while, pondering what you had just said.

''Fukuoka right? It's pretty far from Tokyo. You sure you want to study away from home?'' He asked you with a wondering tone, like he didn't like the idea of you leaving Tokyo.

''... Yes? I mean, Kuroo, this is my only change. All the other universities near Tokyo already turned me down.'' You answered, stroking his hands while trying your best to explain yourself. ''Besides, you're away from home all the time so It's not like anything's going to change. We can always call each other.''

''Oh man.''

''What is it?''

''Just when my season was over and I wanted to spend more time with you.'' His voice was sharp and serious. You let go of him, looking at him with a surprised look. ''It'll be hard. It's almost like we were breaking up.'' He continued.

''Kuroo-''

''It won't work. It just isn't possible.''

''How exactly is it any different from our current situation? You're never home. I'm always here alone, you know!'' You said with anger in your voice, standing up. ''I want to focus on studying like you want to focus on your own studies, and volleyball!''

''It's different.''

''It is not! Do you know how great I feel now that things are back to normal. I felt so bored when I was on a wheelchair. Now that my legs work again, I want to do things I did before the incident such as studying! Moving in a different city is not so big deal!''

''It is a big deal, for gods sake, (f/n)! It IS a big deal. It'll change our relationship a lot!'' He said while standing up, taking a hold of your hands. ''I don't want our relationship to end.'' He said while staring right into your (e/c) eyes. 

''... Let's talk about it more tomorrow, all right? We are both tired so we should probably head to bed now.'' You said softly, trying to calm down both yourself and him.

''Alright.''

------

Why don't you understand? Why is it so hard for you to understand me?

Why is this so complicated?

[[Kuroo Tetsurou ♥ Reader]] - What love is made ofजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें