A heart-broken girl

Fukuoka. What a nice city.

Standing in middle of the railway station, watching all the unknown faces and unknowm places, you knew that this was your place. This is where would be able to have a brand new start without paying mind to the past which yet haunted you despite the fact that you tried to hide it.

Although you had settled down in a new apartment, began studying in a new university and met new friends, you couldn't hide the odd feeling from yourself, the feeling of longing. As you left Tokyo you didn't only leave behind your boyfriend but also your friends and your family and as easy as it was then it had started interfering in your daily life.

First it would make you go through your old conversations on your phone, then make you look up people's updates on Instagram. You knew that anything that happened in Tokyo had nothing to do with you and you felt like Fukuoka and Tokyo were two whole different worlds with their own people.

Then again, why did you care so much for the people you used to know? Why did you keep thinking of him all time until you fell asleep? And why couldn't you forget about him? You were sure that he had not noticed that you had left although it had been two weeks, heck, you knew he wouldn't notice if you never returned!

Wait... returned?

No, you went to Fukuoka to stay. It was meant to be permanent and you even swore that you would never return to that old house again. You were not supposed to miss anything in your old life, especially him. He did not love you after all, he never did. You needed to control your emotions.

A heart-broken girl as you were, you couldn't spend every day alone in your lonely apartment, watching movies and eating chocolate. You knew that you needed something in your life because you didn't feel as worthless as when you were with him. He was the most disgusting person in the earth after all, or so you thought. 

Never had you attended any real party when you still lived in Tokyo but in Fukuoka, partying became almost a daily thing. You didn't care who you hung out with as long as it could make you forget everything about your past experiences. Never did you say no when some shady guy wanted to walk you home in a late night, and never did you think that it would be dangerous. Nope. Dangerous was your new way of forming new experiences and memories and those could replace the unsuccessful past.

But still, deep inside you were still that heart-broken girl who seeked for comfort.

You have not even realized what you had done to yourself.