Ironic fate

//Okay, so, a little warning right to this start about some contect in the end of this chapter which is very serious. You've been warned.

----

There was no way you would just wait Kuroo to come, like seriously, Bokuto had just explained the situation to him like you had been missing a long time and were finally found in a bad shape. Kuroo was probably full of worry and couldn't wait any more second to get to see that you were definitely all right and nothing bad had happened. Telling him so wasn't enough, he wanted to see you by his own eyes. The weird thing was that you wanted to see him too, kind of, but not like this. It was too embarrassing.

''Umm, Koutarou-san. I don't want to be rude or anything but was calling him really necessary? It sounded like you had just found his lost cat.'' You simply said and eyed him for a while. He didn't seem to mind by your comment since he possibly understood your point too. 

''If I had a girlfriend, I would have wanted Kuroo to inform me too if he found my girl wandering alone at nighttime.'' He answered with a small smile. Yeah, sure, so you looked that innocent in his eyes. A girl like you would likely get herself in trouble without a man beside her. How one-sided way of thinking.

''I could easily gotten home alone. Our house isn't more than one kilometer away. There is no way that something could have happened. I'm happy that you're worried about me though, thank you.'' You answered, not sure how to act. You couldn't just leave because Kuroo would surely question it later and you were too tired to explain anything.

Silence.

''And there he is.'' Kenma's neutral voice spoke suddenly, making you and Bokuto turn around to face the person who was approaching you. You immediately returned your gaze to the ground, just listening to his loud footsteps and breathing. You had to think of the best way to explain this rather embarrassing situation. All you wanted to do was just go home and sleep. 

And that was when the real mess began.

''Bokuto, Kenma... (f/n), Is something wrong?'' He said as he tried to catch his breath. You stayed quiet and carefully raised your gaze to him. He looked worried, very worried, and tired. He had ran all the way here. You were sure of that.

''Ah, Kuroo, let me explain, I...'' You began and took few steps closer to him. ''Everything's alright, we all are fine. I left the party earlier than I was first supposed to and happened to meet these two on my way home and Koutarou-san got worried and decided to call you.'' You explained while forcing a small smile on your face. Kuroo seemed to calm down a bit, laughing nervously as he took few steps closer to you and grabbed your shoulders.

''I'm relieved.'' He simply said. ''Let's go home, I don't think I can stand much longer.''

''But, what about your party? Weren't you supposed to spend the whole weeken-''

''Nah, It's fine. We practiced the whole day and decided to spend the night doing some else. I'll go there later tomorrow. This captain needs some sleep.''

''Like we all.'' Bokuto commented between your and Kuroo's conversation, yawning silently. Kenma seemed to be questioning the whole thing. You could almost hear him sayin something about the nighttime being the best time for playing. His addiction to them was already worrying you.

''Okay, guys, see you around!'' 

''Oh, and Kenma, don't play too much!'' You laughed, saying goodbyes to your boyfriend's friends. As you two left and started to head to your house, Kuroo locked your fingers with his almost immediately, sending you unspoken messages how worried he had been. He was acting uncharacteristically cute today. Not that it was a bad thing. You had missed moments like these.

You started to add more speed to your walking pace and tugged Kuroo with you.

''(f/n), your hand, it's kind of bleeding.'' He said, and you noticed a tiny cut on the back of your hand. You had probably been scratching your hand while panicking.

''Geez, Kuroo, it isn't like I'm bleeding to death. You have to learn to separate things by their importance.'' You laighed with a tired tone, making fun of his occasion. He didn't seem to mind though, being also too tired himself to comment anything that he normally would. Thank god.

''(f/n), stop right there.''

What? What was it?

Before you even realized it, you were much more far away from him than you remembered, not feeling the warm of his hand anymore. Everything seemed to slow down somehow and the time almost stopped. You turned around slowly to face him, for your surprise, seeing him reach for you his face fixed with horror and despair. 

Gah, my eyes are hurting.

A bright light approached you from your right, making your eye sight blurry for a while. You narrowed your eyes and finally could see the silhouette of the whole thing that was coming right at you with high speed. It didn't take long before-

''(F/N)!!''

A loud crash.

A single family car slipped to the side and almost crashed to the wall of a small grocery store, leaving an unconscious girl behind it. The time stopped instantly, making the terrifying moment last much longer. You couldn't hear anything but the whole world around you was well aware of the loud screaming and ambulance sirens. 

Kuroo ran to you, finding you pushed to the middle of the walkway. He was watching you in terror.

''Geez, Kuroo, it isn't like I'm bleeding to death.''  You had said not a long time ago.

Your blood. Your blood was everywhere.

You were bleeding to death.