The right time is still ahead

The morning was still young but you had already woken up, washed your sleepy face and drunk two cups of coffee with a simple breakfast. You didn't have much time for yourself as unwashed dishes awaited you in a small kitchen-sink. A long shopping list was pinned on a bulletin board with few photos of you and him.

Kuroo wasn't home – again. He had texted you yesterday about staying at his friend's place for the night and of course you had agreed. For you, own time was always good. Your relationship wouldn't work if you didn't give space for each other and you liked it that way. It was just that he rarely spend time with you nowadays. But you just thought that it was just some stage of his life and it would go over soon. There was nothing to worry about because you knew he would never betray you.

The small breather came soon to its end when your phone remembered you about the due date of electricity bill. You walked out of your shared bedroom and put some clothes on. No one else was here to make the household chores for you and there was no time to waste, so you decided to move fast and finish all the mandatory tasks before afternoon.

As you stepped out of your house and locked the front door, you threw a waste bag in a large rubbish bin which you rarely had the strength to open. An old lady from the next door greeted you with a smile. She had often helped you with some housework. She even made dinner for you and Kuroo once when he had sprained his ankle and couldn't ease your busy life as a bed patient. She was honestly too nice for you two because you managed just fine. Those difficult times were past now.

You loved the smell of early morning days. The chilly vernal weather didn't bother you because the rising sun was enough to keep you warm. There weren't many cars around that time but some people cycled and walked past you. It wouldn't take long before this city was full of live again. Not that you minded though. It meant that Kuroo would be back home soon.

''Ohayo gozaimasu and welcome!'' An old man greeted you as you walked in a small grocery shop. You responded with a simple smile and started to pile food products in your lap when you walked through all the different sections. It didn't take long for you find all from the shopping list since it was almost always the same.

''Please come again!'' The same man thanked you as you paid your shopping and left the small shop. You didn't get far when you felt your phone vibrating in the front pocket of your jeans. You stopped to a free bench and rested your shopping bags on it, answering the phone right away as you got your hands free.

''Hello?''

''Hey, (f/n)! I'm sorry for calling you so early. You must have still been sleeping.'' It was your dear friend, (b/f/n) calling. She had mentioned something about a girls' night out last weekend and you were sure the call had something to do with it – another weekend was three days away after all.

''No, It's fine, really. I'm already up and out shopping.'' You laughed and glanced to the plastic bags which were almost fallen from the bench. ''Oh, good. We talked about the small party last Saturday, remember? What next Friday sounds to you? The others already agreed and said they're coming.''

You kept a pause for thinking. You were sure Kuroo would be out late again with his friends so you actually had some time. There wasn't any work to do either that day. ''Sounds good! I'll see you then.'' You answered and ended the call after saying small goodbyes. You sighed and put your hands to your hips. It had been a while since you had spent time with your friends like this.

----

Happy humming would be heard as you carried your bags on the kitchen table. You spotted the indoor sport shoes in the living room floor right away when you squatted down to undress your own shoes. As you put your bag on the table you found an empty water bottle next to Kuroo's training bag on the kitchen chair. All his things were around this house but there was no sight of him. You opened your mouth to call his name but stopped when you heard the bathroom door open.