Chapter 14: Starting

Start from the beginning

So, that's why I say, fuck the canteen.

There wasn't a soul in the cafeteria when I reached it, and I thanked God. Things could get ugly if they all start the food rampage.

As usual, I took a tray and began taking what I wanted to eat. I ended up with a small bowl of warm chicken soup and some water.

"Tea please," a voice said from somewhere beside me.

I glanced around, surprised to see Levi, who was also surprised to see me.

"Bitch?"

"Brat?"

We greeted eachother with our own respective rainbow vocabulary at the same time. The lady who was making Levi's tea growled from behind the counter. "Keep your happy words to yourself please," she snapped, handing Levi his tea.

I muttered an apology before taking a seat at one of the benches, even more shocked when I saw Levi taking the seat infront of me.

"Can you not sit there?" I asked, taking a spoonful of the soup,

Levi looked up from stirring his tea. "Why?"

"Because it's bothering me."

"Hm.. let me see," he murmured with a deep voice as he picked up his glass of tea in a strange, strange manner. "No," he finished, after taking a sip of the tea.

I give up. I brought the spoon to my mouth slurping it quietly, enjoying it's warm taste. Levi paid no attention to me and took sios of his own tea every now and then.

I don't get why he wanted to sit here, I mean there's legit a whole bunch of other places, why choose here? I glanced at him, not surprised to find him scrolling through his phone.

He raised an eyebrow when he caught me staring at him. "What the heck are you looking at?"

An unseen blush crept up my face, and I quickly thought of a comeback. "Oh, I thought I was looking at a handsome guy, but it turns out it was just a pile of shit."

"I see," he purred, his voice alluring than ever, "You think I'm handsome huh?"

Though I didn't show it, I was kinda attracted to that deep voice of his. "Not anymore sweets," I purred back, slurping another spoonful of the getting-cold soup.

"I'm sweet, huh?" Levi chuckled, fake of course. He leaned forward, taking a sip of his tea.

"You're so sweet that I want to puke," I murmured, leaning forward as well.

Now, don't you fucking dare say we're acting all lovey dovey, cuz we're not. Our voices may sound all sweet and such, but we're fucking staring daggers. I was giving a fake smile with a death glare, and Levi was smirking, his eyes narrowed in a threatening glare.

"I'll rid of you from this world," I growled, not even realising it.

"Not if I kill you first," Levi snarled back, a deep growl rising from his chest.

Our faces were close, very close. I swear I would've strangled him right then and there if it weren't for someone that suddenly slapped my shoulder, making me jerk forward.

I heatbutted Levi on accident, earning a surprise grunt from him. A low moan of pain escaped my lips as I rubbed my temple, trying my best to subdue the pain. Levi suddenly snapped in front of me.

"What the fuck Hanji?!" He hissed, his voice filled with pure venom.

"Woah hold your horses. I wasn't the one that smacked my head onto your's," Hanji poorly defended herself, looking at me afterwords.