Chapter 72- The Gryffindorks

Start from the beginning

"So wait Malfoy, are you still single," Dean asked, genuinely curious.

"Why are you talking to me," Draco looked at him as if he were a wild animal. Harry slapped his knee, the whack echoing across the room. "Ow!"

"You promised you'd be nice to my friends," Harry eyed him.

"When," Draco furrowed his eyebrows, thoroughly confused. Harry hit the same spot again.

"Now," Harry said simply. Draco rolled his eyes before turning to the three boys.

"No, I am not single."

"Who," Neville asked. Draco was about to speak but he got confused. Who was he engaged to? Legally it was Greengrass, in his heart and on his finger, it was Harry.

"Astoria Greengrass," Harry spoke for him. It grew awkward between the two but the others wouldn't know, except for Harry's two best friends. "He's engaged to her."

"She's nice but..." Seamus didn't hold back. "Why her?"

"It's arranged," Draco grew solemn, staring off into the fireplace, biting his own cheek. Harry brushed his fingers against his hand softly.

"So you don't like her," Neville asked.

"I absolutely loathe her, Longbottom," Draco looked him in the eye as if he respected him for once.

"I hate her too," Harry said, disconnecting them. Draco just smiled more and pushed him over into the arm of the couch. Harry pushed him back. Draco did the same. Harry mimicked.

They began wrestling with their hands until they both stopped at the same time, crossing their arms. They then both laughed.

Just then, Blaise and Pansy walked in holding hands.

"Draco, there you are," Pansy scouted, "Why are you hanging around the Gryffindorks?"

"Potter," Draco said simply. Pansy and Blaise both smirked.

"Alright," Blaise sneered, pulling Pansy by the hand so that Harry and Draco had to scoot so close to each other, their legs and arms and torso were completely touching as the other pair sat on the couch with them. Harry took a mental note to thank them later. He wanted Draco's touch. "How about we play a round of Wizard's Chess? Draco, are you up for it?"

"Of course! Only if I play Weasley," Draco demanded. Weasley stared at him wide-eyed. "As I recall, you aren't an owl, Weasley, yes I did say you. Harry tells me you're quite the chess player. I want my go at you."

"What's the catch?"

"What catch," Draco batted his eyes innocently. The rest of the gryffindors were still trying to grasp what Draco had just suggested.

"You're a slytherin... there's always a catch."

"Alright I'll make one up," Draco contemplated. Ron closed his eyes in frustration. He didn't mean to egg Draco on. "I want to see your face covered in pie."

Harry burst out in laughter just imagining banana cream over either of their faces. But Draco was of course preferred since he knew he could personally help clean it.

"Alright. So winner throws a pie at the loser. Get ready to be covered in whipped cream, Malfoy."

"What makes you sure it won't be you, Weasley," Pansy smirked as Draco stood, getting into position as he sat at one end of the table, near Neville, Dean, and Seamus. Ron sat down on the opposite end, floating the chessboard over with his wand.

"Are you serious, Parkinson," Seamus squeaked, "Ron's never lost a game in the years he's been here."

"He helped us win the cup in first year, just by playing one game," Neville reminded.