Chapter 72- The Gryffindorks

Start from the beginning

"Who's the luck girl who's been making your eyes light up for the past few weeks?" Neville jested, ruffling his hair. Harry couldn't keep from grinning while he eyed Draco for a few seconds as he was being pushed around.

"There isn't a girl, there isn't anyone," Harry smiled, lying through his teeth. They kept pestering him until Ron cut in, surprisingly.

"Harry couldn't possibly have a girl," the Weasley boasted.

"And why would that be, Mr. Hotshot," Seamus snickered, causing the rest of them to laugh.

"Because I don't like girls," Harry said with upmost confidence leaning back into the couch resting his neck on the top of it as he looked up at the ceiling, begging for it not to be awkward. "I'm gay."

It was quiet for a bit as the rest of them stared at each other. Draco, to the boys' ignorance, took Harry's hand and squeezed it, stroking it. Hermione and Ron could see it from their view and their stomachs grew warm when he gripped back.

"It means he likes men... like he's attracted to them," Ron said, winking at Harry and Harry broke a grin back.

"So..." Seamus broke the awkward silence, "you're telling me we could have gone to the Yule Ball together? Harry, we missed out on an opportunity!" Harry laughed hard and the tension in the air dissipated. "I had a huge crush on you!"

"Everybody has a huge crush on Harry," Dean said.

"Has, Thomas," Draco raised an eyebrow. "Present tense?" Harry squeezed his hand to tame his jealousy beast.

"Thanks guys," Harry said sarcastically, "I'm flattered but..."

"Who's the lucky guy?"

They boys then started pestering just as hard, if not harder, and Draco found himself grinning. At least off of his friends accepted him. Now they just had to wait another few months for them to catch on, and hopefully before NEWT's their inner friends would-

"It isn't Malfoy, is it," Seamus joked. Both Harry and Draco's face dropped as they stared the boy down. Seamus's eyes widened. "It is Malfoy?"

"You've got to be kidding me," Harry groaned, ready for them to boast out in rage as they figured it out. Draco knew he didn't want that just yet, especially since there was definitely anger in all of their eyes, so being the brilliant fiancé he was, the blonde started speaking.

"Alright, you've caught us," Draco surrendered as Harry eyed him, "We've been dating since fourth year. Every Friday night we would skip dinner and go to the lake and at midnight we would have study dates and we play quidditch on weekends, but of course I always let him win to be the incredible boyfriend I am," Draco was using a snarky and sarcastic tone, biting at them, "I bring him flowers and he gives me chocolates and we sneak into the prefects bathroom to have sex, and in fact, we didn't even have detention for disrespecting Pumblechook, we were in the Room of Requirement having sex as well. And indeed he proposed to me just a few weeks ago, and I said yes. See, here's the ring." Draco showed him his ring, but during his speech, he had pulled off Harry's band and pocketed it in case they examined the matching jewelry.

"And after graduation," Harry joined, "We're running off and getting married and raising little death eater children- no it's not Malfoy!!"

"Really Finnegan, I thought you were just shy of average intelligence but as we can see here, you exceed less than average intelligence quite profoundly," Draco shook his head with a grin on his face. Ron and Hermione had to admit that they played that off damned well.

They both started laughing again and so did Ron and Hermione, as well as the rest of them, but for a different reason. If only they knew.

"I haven't found anybody," Harry spoke again after it quieted down, only to raise his ringless finger.