Part 6 "Liam likes to think his shit doesn't stink"

Start from the beginning

I also learned how much he loved football. He didn't directly say he loved it but I could tell by the way his eyes lit up every time he talked about it.

It was quite cute, actually. 

________________________________

"Alright, enough about me," I laughed remembering the story I had just told him about when I fell flat on my face in 7th grade in front of the entire class. I was telling him how clumsy I tended to be.

 "I moved here my sophomore year from Alabama," he shrugged.

"I've been wondering where you're from! I could tell you weren't from here," I exclaim excitedly.

"Definitely not from here," he shakes his head.

"This is bullshit, I have to walk around this whole damn campus looking for them carrying two extra heavy ass backpacks!" A voice exclaims and we turn to look at it. Eli is at the front of the schoolyard looking around it. He spots us and starts making his way over here.

He comes up and plops beside us on the ground.

"You guys," he pauses to catch his breath, "You guys couldn't have taken your bags when you left?"

"Sorry Eli, thank you," I say grabbing my bag.

"The bell rang?" Luke asks.

"Yeah, like, ten minutes ago," Eli responds.

"We have practice," Luke says.

"I don't wanna go, I already know I'm good," Eli says smugly and I giggle at his bluntness.

Luke rolls his eyes.

"Are you saying I'm not good?" Eli asks with mock hurt.

Luke shrugs, "You can take it however you want to."

"Okay listen here buddy, you don't have to shove it into my face you are the world's best quarterback!" 

"Eli y-" 

"No! It is my time to talk right now!" 

"Eli!"

"What?!"

"The country not world," Luke smirks cockily. I find myself fawning over that smirk.

"What? Oh. Whatever, you ass, that's what I meant. " Eli then looks over to me.

"Hey, boo-boo!" I wave back and smile.

"Eli we gotta go," Luke says standing up and holding his hand out to me. I take it trying not to blush and stand up.

"Yeah yeah yeah, bye Aubrey," Eli says as he starts walking back towards the school. Luke turns towards me and looks down at me.

"I gotta go, sweetheart," I blush and look down so he can't see it. I have a feeling he's smirking though.

"I'll see you at the game Friday right?" He 'asks.' It was almost more of like a 'don't argue' type thing.

"Yeah," I smile and look back up at him.

"And I'll see you at the after party when we win?" He questions and I smile at how open he's now being. Maybe he's not really opened up, but he's better than before. 

I don't think he hates me anymore.

"I'm not sure," I shrug.

"Well, I'll just have to make that a yes tomorrow then won't I?" I blush once again and smile shyly when he raises his eyebrow.

"Goodbye Luke," I smile, grab my bag, start walking to the parking lot still blushing like crazy.

______________________________