Chapter Four - The Nightmare

Eve's pov

I was running through a forest at night. 'Please don't let me be too late' I thought.  I jumped over fallen trees and logs.  I think I spooked some animals. I kept running until I came to this enormous stone wall. There was a metal gate that was locked. I ran up to it and began pounding my fists on the gate. "Let me in! Someone! Please!" No one answered. 'I'll have to break in. I can't wait any longer' I thought. I started climbing a near by tree to the top. I stood on the top branch and jumped over to the top of the stone wall. I jumped to the ground. The impact hurt me deeply, but I had other things to worry about. I saw this huge stone castle and ran to it. I entered the castle past all the people screaming in the halls. I looked out a window and saw dragons. The castle was put on fire and all the people were pushing me to the ground to get out. I felt someone pick me up and carry me out of the castle. 

"Hurry princess. We have to get out." The gaurd  in armor said.

"Wait, no! I have to get to them! They need help! Let me go. I order you to let me go!" I said as I broke free of his grasp.

"Princess wait!" I heared him say as I countinued up a staircase to the top of the castle. I ran up to the top to see guards fighting of what looked like a bat-like people riding dragons. Besides them was a blond hiared girl who looked about my age. When she saw me her eyes widened.

"Eve hurry! We need your help!" She said to me as she stabbed a dragon with her golden sword.

"Right sorry I'm late Dawn." I said as I grabbed a sword out of a fallen guard's hand. A dragon lunged at me but a older man stopped it  and stabbed it with his golden sword. He was an old man, but he was strong. His hair was white and he had a white beard. He was wearing golden armor, as was the girl and half the guards. The other half of guards were wearing black armor and carrying black swords. There was this lady in black armor with a black sword fighting too. 

"Eve! Thank goodness you're all right." The old man said as he hugged me.

"I'm all right dad, but we got bigger things to worry about." I said pointing to the dragons. He let go of me and countinued fighting the dragons. Dawn walked over to me and grabbed my left hand with her right. We let go of our swords and riased our outside hands to the air.  We blasted three dragons with a powerful magic blast with our outside hands. We did this several times before the dragons retreated. We cheered for we had won, so we thought. A giant seven foot tall black widow spider climbed over the wall and onto the roof with us. Sitting on the spider was a lady wearing a dark cloak. 

"You think you have won? I beg to differ" she crackled with evil  laughter.

"We have won sister. Leave now, back to the shadow realm." The lady with black armor said to her.

"I still cannot believe you became queen. It's so unfair. Oh well, guess I'll have to get rid of you." The dark cloaked lady said as her spider picked up the the lady with black armor. 

"Mom!!" Dawn and I both yelled in usion.

"Let her go!" The He old man said as he lunged at the spider, but the spider picked him up as well.

"Dad!" Dawn and I both yelled again.

"Now young princesses. If you want your parents to live, give up your crowns to auntie Star here." The blacked cloaked lady said to Dawn and I.

"No girls! Don't do it!" Out mother shouted at us.

"Oh shut it Moon!" She said as the spider gripped our mom tighter. Dawn and I looked at each other. 

"We can't do it Eve." Dawn told me.

"But if we don't she'll kill mom and dad." I protested. 

"We mustn't let the kingdom fall in her hands." She snapped back at me. I thought about what to do. I looked at the fallen guards and the live ones who were staring at us, then up at mom and dad. But jut I was about to make a decision......

"You're taking to long. Over they go." Starr said as her spider tossed mom and dad over the castle wall.

"Mom! Dad! No!" Dawn and I screamed as we ran over to the wall and saw our parents fall to their deaths. I stood there watching, speechless. I crumpled to ground, sobbing. Dawn screamed a battle cry, grabbed her sword and lunged at Starr. Starr's spider pet pushed her down and she flung into the castle wall. One of our older brothers ran over to her. She was hurt and couldn't get up. I just sat there with my knees to my chest,y head resting on my knees, sobbing.

"You're the younger one, yes?" My evil Aunt Starr asked me. I nodded with rage on my face. 'Now Eve! Kill her now!' I thought. But before I could do anything her spider grabbed me and put me on its back behind Aunt Starr. "The girl is mine. Toodles." She said to my sister and brothers. The spider turned around and a huge dragon picked us up and started to fly towards the shadow realm. I screamed and try to break free of aunt Starr's grasp, but I was too weak.

"Dawn!" I screamed at my sister.

"Eve!" She howled back as she tried to get up, but failed.

"DAWN!" I howled, but now we were too far away too be heard. I kept hearing someone in the distance calling my name.

"Eve. Eve, wake up! Eve!" 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I woke up with a gasp, sweat was dripping down my forehead. I was back in my room in the castle of Loins. Keith was on top of me with his hands on my shoulders. He was shaking me awake. I was breathing heavy, my chest rising and falling.

 "Hey. Hey, it's ok." Keith said to me as he got off me.

"Wha...what happened?" I asked him as I sat up.

"I heard screaming coming from your room, so I went to come check on you. You were screaming for you parents, and someone named Dawn. You ok?" He asked me as he sat on the bed next to me.

"Yeah, I'll be fine." I said holding my head.

"Nightmare?" He asked me with a friendly smile.

"Yeah, but it felt more real than a dream. Like a memory." I said crossing my legs.

"You'll be okay. Good night." He said as he started to get up.

"Keith, wait!" I said as I grabbed his wrist.

"Yeah?" He asked as he turned his head to me.

"Can you stay with me? Just until I fall asleep?" I asked shyly.

"Sure." He said as he crawled up under the covers, sitting nest to me. I rested my head on his shoulder. That's when I recalled my parents and family. A certain photo flashed into my memory. My father was wearing his golden armor and golden crown with rubies and emerals. He had white hair and a white beard, and kind blue eyes. My mother was wearing a purple dress with a long black robe. Her long black hair falling on her shoulders, and her green eyes shone like stars. My sister was wearing a royal blue dress. Her blond hair falling on her shoulders also. Her eyes were a kind blue like my father's. I was seatted in front of my mother, wearing a (f/c) dress. My hair was a black with (h/c) tips. The memory went away. I looked down at my hair now. It was white with (h/c) tips now. 

"You okay?" Keith asked me as he looked down at me.

"Yeah." I said with a sigh. I fell asleep soon, with my head resting on his shoulder.