Chapter 29 - Can't do this anymore

Start from the beginning

- "What do you mean you want Harley out? She's my daughter and this is also my house!" Mom responded.

- "Either she gets out or me and Alix move away." George responded with an ultimatum.

- "Either you stop this nonsense or I'm filling for a divorce." My mom responded quickly.

_______________________________________

Alix's P.O.V.

Fuck! Divorce? That is not good. I can't let this happen. When my mom died, my dad was so out of himself that he almost tried to kill himself. If Julie does this, it will be the end of him. I can't do that to him, to them. We can't destroy their marriage.

- "Harley, please let me move." I said calmly now and that seemed to have an effect on her. Her arms didn't move from around me, but her grip got lose, giving me the possibility to stand up and move to the door, opening it.

When Julie and dad saw me, I could see how angry they both were. I saw my dad starting to cry and Julie as well, but before I could say anything my dad's eyes got wider and the angry expression came back while he looked in my direction.

- "What the hell is she doing in your room?!" He asked and I looked back, seeing Harley that had her head down and a sad look on her face.

It was hard to see everyone around me so sad, angry and unhappy. Tears started to run down my face as my brain worked and I made the most difficult decision I had ever made in my entire life. I turned around looking at Harley, ignoring my dads words.

- "I can't do this anymore, we're over Harley." I said tears starting to run down my face.

Before anyone could say anything or react, I went to the bathroom and locked myself inside. Falling to ground and sobbing until I had no more tears left. It's over.

_______________________________________

Harley's P.O.V.

I'm tired, I'm so tired of everything. I'm exhausted. I can't do anything now, can I? I can't keep running after Alix, I can't be the only one fighting for this, for us, for our relationship to work. Maybe I should leave, maybe I should disappear, cause I'm pretty fucking sure I'm not needed right now. She just dumped me for the second time, but is it over?

As I stood still in my bed after 2 days of not eating or sleeping, a knock was heard and the door to my room opened. I looked to see who stood there, because a small part of me still believed Alix would get back to me and say she loved me, cause I was sure she did.

Instead, my mom stood there.

- "Mom, please leave, I just want to be alone." I said, my voice cracking in the last word. That's what I felt, like I was forgotten, alone, unloved, rejected.

My mom sighted and got inside, closing the door and moving towards me to embrace me. Instantly, I started to cry while she ran her fingers through my hair and tried to calm me down.

- "It's ok Harley, I'm here, I'm here." She repeated.

- "I know mom, but she's not, she just left me without even giving me a second to try and fight for her." I said as I continued to cry.

- "She loves you, she does, but she also loves her dad, it's her only family Harley, she had to choose. I wish she didn't have to, but she did what was right in her mind." My mom said making me think about my grandma.

Love requires sacrifice.

- "I can't stay here mom, I can't bare to see her everyday loving her the way I do and not being able to be with her. I need to leave." I said and could feel my mom tense. She stopped her fingers on my hair and now held ne at arms distance.