part 16

He let out a deep breath and fiddled with his fingers , I've never seen Devin like this before it was kind of interesting.

And pathetic.

"Sis..look I'm sorry yes I agree,I made a mistake by sleeping with your ex girlfriend whilst you were still dating her but you have to understand,she came onto me hard and I couldn't resist,by that time you and I weren't on good books so I knew that by sleeping with her I wouldn't have anything to lose,so I did . But we got closer and I regretted every single bit of it ,I hated myself for it . I'm really sorry ,please forgive me I just-"

He sighed and held his head in depression"I'm sorry"he mumbled. I could tell he was depressed and honestly I shouldn't be holding grudges if there's nothing going on with Whitney and I. We should focus on the future.

I take in everything he just said then it hits me. Him and I weren't on good terms that time ,even his girlfriend was crushing on me and he knew about it so I don't blame him for doing what he did.

I understand now.

"I understand", I simply say .

His head shoots up to look at me.

He has a surprised expression.

"You do?" He asks not convinced.

I nod then chuckle" I do,I know you changed and you wouldn't do anything to hurt me now"

He smiled slightly and stood up coming to my side and giving me a bro hug.

I hugged him back.

"Thank God I thought this house was gonna collapse because of awkwardness" I hear my mother say as she came into light.

She's standing by the kitchen entrance smiling at the both of us.

"Confirm,I was suffocating myself" my father said coming down the stairs.

Devin and I both laugh as we pull back.

"Yeah that girl really is changing you..for the good though" Devin says.

"What do you mean?"

"Your just too happy and you have a spark to you-"

"There you go again" I say rolling my eyes "I told you she's just a friend" I lied to him and myself as I sat down on the table. Thinking about Harmony made me feel warm inside.

My mom laughed so hard everyone looked at her.

"Don't lie sweetheart I saw you two kissing last night,that's why your in such a good mood, you even forgave your brother"

Devin's eyes widen and my dad grins "you kissed her?" Devin asked clearly amused.

I open my mouth to say something but I shut it. Devin shoves me chanting and my father laughs.

"Finally! Damn it took you long enough"

"Speaking of Harmony she said she will-" my mother stopped in mid sentence when the door bell rang "come and check up on you" ,she finished off.

My heart jumped at the thought of her by the door. I couldn't wait gaze upon her pretty face again. I stood up heading towards the door and everyone looked at me. I turned to face them they looked ridiculous smiling at me.

I shook my head.

" Can you guys at least act normal"

They shuffled and my dad sat on the couch watching TV,my mom sat on the table as she continued to eat. Devin pulled out his phone. That's better.