Chapter 1

(My first book guys, so please cut me some slack)

Chapter 1

Bianca's POV

There's absolutely nothing exciting about my plain life. Especially since I grew up in Queens where nothing big ever happens.

"Hey, Mama", I greeted my mother as I walked down the stairs.

She turned around and quickly kissed my cheek before returning to her task of cooking, "Good Morning, Bianca."

My mother, Mya Bello is the most prettiest women I've ever seen. She's Cape Verde-an with beautiful tan skin/light skin and hazel eyes.

Me on the other hand, I have dark brown skin and dark brown eyes with kinky curly hair. I got it from my bastard of a father. His name is David Bello. Both my parents are African and My mom speaks Spanish from growing up in Cape Verde. In Cape Verde, they speak many languages like Portuguese. Cape Verde-an do have Portuguese in their blood. That's why my mom looks like she's Dominican or Puerto-Rican when she's really just one hundred African. My dad spoke Igbo but never got a chance to teach it to me.

David left our family when I was eleven years old. He get no shame in telling us that we were basically worthless. He married another woman two years later and had three children with them. Being a kid, I wasn't aware of the arguments that my parents got into. They always tried to fight when I wasn't around.

I know my dad isn't in love with my mother anymore but he didn't have to take it out on me. I still needed a dad no matter what.

When I became a teenager I realized that my mom is now both my mom and my dad. I don't need David if he doesn't need me.

"How are you getting to school baby?", Mama asked setting the table. She always set a plate for me but I wasn't one who ate breakfast.

"I'll walk", I replied.

"You sure?", she asked.

I nodded, "I'll be fine. Bye, love you!", I said leaving the house.

"Love you!", I heard her yell.

"Hey!", I said to my best friend, Heather or Honey, no one knows why she likes being called Honey as a nickname, but we just do it anyway .

Heather was raised just like me but instead her dad died before she was born. But she has a step father who loves her as if she was his actual daughter. We understand each other so much, that we just click.

"Hey! Where are you going?", she asked me.

"School. Where else would I be going?" I replied rolling my eyes. Everyday she asks me where I'm going. She hates school but I like learning. We're polar opposites.

Heather looked at me with pleading eyes. She never asked but I always knew that she wanted to skip school. But, she knew she was asking the wrong person , even if I was her best friend.

She pouted, and then huffed. " Fine."

We made our way to school and before we knew it we were at the gates of hell.

I said bye to Heather and went to first period. I did the same thing I did every day, took notes and paid attention, I actually get good grades and I'm pretty smart.

Once school was over, I walked home with Heather. Once I got home I went straight upstairs and fell asleep.

The day is over, and tomorrow will be a brand new one.

(My first chapter guys! Please vote and comment. Let me know what I need to work on.)