Chapter Eleven

Harry woke up early that morning. He sighed as he tried and failed for the millionth time to fix his hair. He jumped in the shower and got changed in his clothes. Despite being anxious about defense, he was just happy to have slept a bit longer than usual.

Ron and the others woke up groaning, they hadn't fallen asleep for the longest time the night before. "How can you live like this?" Ron asked him. Harry smiled.

"You get used to it." He replied.

"I don't want to get used to this. I just want to sleep." Ron complained.

"Shush and go get ready." Harry told him. Ron groaned again and went to shower. Harry was already ready to leave so he sat and read a defense book until the others were done.

Ron and Harry walked into the great hall with Neville. When they got there, they sat down next to Hermione and ate breakfast. Harry had a cup of coffee as per usual.

"Ready to go?" Hermione asked them. Harry nodded nervously and they went to the class.

When they got there, Harry walked to Draco and sat by him. Harry stared at the front of the class, tapping his foot against the ground. Soon, Remus and Sirius both walked in, Ivy not long after.

Draco grabbed Harry's hand and held it after noticing it begin to shake again. Harry smiled gratefully at him. Remus and Sirius both looked at him for a bit before starting the lesson. Ivy glared from across the room at him.

The lesson was pretty boring, they just learned spells Harry had learned years ago. He spent most of the time helping other students who couldn't figure it out. Remus and Sirius looked over at him at least once every minute.

"Do you mind not staring at me while I do what you should be doing? You know, helping your students?" Harry said to them after he caught them looking at him for the twentieth time in the last five minutes.

Remus and Sirius quickly looked away from him after that, but he still saw them looking at him from the corner of their eyes.

Harry was beyond glad when he was finally able to leave. They had potions after that. They had to identify different potions and take notes on them. That seemed to end quickly and they were finally allowed to go. Since it was friday, students all around were relieved to have gotten through the first week back.

They all went to lunch. Harry ate quickly and then went to the quidditch pitch with Ron, Hermione, Draco, Neville, and Luna.

Harry leaned against Draco's chest while they talked about random things.

"Do you know what an animagus is?" Harry asked them. They all shrugged except for Luna.

"It's a person who change change into an animal, like McGonagall." She said. Harry nodded. "Why?" She asked him.

"I'm one. I can change into a stag like my Patronus." He answered. Their eyebrows shot up.

"Really?" Draco asked. Harry nodded against his chest.

"Wow." Ron said. "Why didn't you tell me?" He asked.

"I didn't know until I left. I found out when I went to Gringotts." He said.

"Are you registered?" Neville asked him.

"Yeah. Kinda. The goblins registered me, I didn't go to the ministry because then they would have taken me back. Which I'll have to now. Their gonna make me go back there." He said. His mind began wondering, thinking about that topic.

They sat in kind of awkward silence for a bit. "Anyways, I was just telling you because I'm going to the forest later. It's not good to not change every now and then." He told them.

"Is that allowed?" Hermione asked.

"No. I mean, it's called the forbidden forest." He answered.

"Won't you get in trouble?" She asked.

"Last time I did something that would get me in trouble, I got put on the quidditch team." He said.

"You what?" They all asked him at the same time.

"Did I forget to tell you that?" He asked, eyebrows scrunched together. They nodded. "Oh. Sorry. Yeah, I'm a seeker." He told them.

"Wow." Ron said again. Harry nodded. They talked for a bit longer before going back in. Harry went to him room then left again about ten minutes after that to go to the forest.

When he got there, he changed into a stag. His animagus form was the same as his father's had been. He ran through the forest for a bit, taking in the new scenery. Some of the creatures in there were amazing and the farther back he got the taller and thicker the trees grew.

He saw an acromantula but quickly got away from that. He came across a unicorn and many other creatures. The forest was an amazing place to be and he felt he could willingly stay in there forever. If only it was as simple as that he might have.

Instead, he ran back to the edge if the forest after having been in it for almost an entire hour. When he got close to being out of the forest, he changed back and started towards the castle.

He felt eyes staring at him and he quickly turned around. He looked into the forest for about a minute before he saw it.

There were pure red eyes staring at him through the trees, he locked eyes with it and stared for a few seconds, ignoring the pain in his forehead. He slowly started towards where they were. He gripped his wand tightly as began walking faster.

There was the sound of bushes and branches moving from the direction of the eyes and they disappeared. He continued on and when he got to it, he saw nothing. He faintly saw footprints and oddly enough, a sparkling substance.

He looked around for a few seconds before turning back around and heading to the castle.

When he got inside, he quickly went to his dorm and sat on his bed. The others were already asleep so he layed down and tried to close his eyes. Whenever he did, he saw the eyes from the forest and remembered the pain in his forehead. He eventually dozed off into a odd sleep where he kept waking up but it felt like he hadn't even been asleep.

He'd only finished his first week and he already had way to much to think about. The year was going to be bad and he knew that. He wasn't sure what to do and he hated when it was like that, he didn't know if he should go to Dumbledore or keep it to himself.

He was uncertain about everything so he pushed it off, he had the whole weekend to worry and decide what to do. It felt like he'd been there for five years, not five days. He was already looking forward to his break. He slowly drifted in and out of sleep through the night, feeling oddly refreshed when he got back up. He spent the day in his room, thinking and reading.

Eventually he had to go to the common room so no one thought he was dead. The three went and meet up with the others and they walked around the castle for a few hours before eventually heading back to their dorms.

The following day was the same for the most part. He had gone to the library for awhile, Hermione and Luna going with him eventually.

The weekend was pretty normal and relaxing overall, something Harry had desperately needed. Sadly he had double Defense the next morning so he went to sleep earlier, wishing he could ignore all his problems.

(A/N) Leave suggestions for what you want to see next. Leave any comment. Hope you enjoyed, bye!

Q: What's your Patronus?