Chapter Nine

When it was time to get back up he was, unsurprisingly, incredibly tired. He pulled himself out of bed and took a shower, almost falling asleep inside it. The nightmares had been worse then he could ever remember them being. This year was going to consist of him never sleeping enough and him having to deal with everything he had tried to push away for two years. So, it would be horrible.

He went down to the great hall and sat down wordlessly. Ron and Hermione exchanged quick glances at each other and Hermione went to get him coffee. When she brought it back, he downed it quickly and went to get another one.

Behind him, he saw Remus and Sirius both looking at him. He tried to ignore it but couldn't get rid of the weird feeling of someone staring at him. He got a third cup of coffee and drank that quickly as well.

Dumbledore stood up and held up his hands, everyone in the room quieted and looked at him. "I would like to introduce a new Professer. He will be teaching teaching muggle studies until Professer Burbage returns. Please welcome, Professer Quirell." He said, holding his hands outward towards the door where a man walked in. He had a turban wrapped around his head and was looking around anxiously.

He took a seat as the staff table as students clapped. Harry did for a few seconds before turning back and finishing his coffee.

He looked back to the man and saw him staring intently at Ivy. His gaze slowly shifted until it landed on Harry. As soon as they made eye contact, Harry's scar began to burn. He held a hand to it and tried to make it look like there was nothing wrong. He winced as the pain continuously settled down then came back at full force.

He stood up abruptly. "I'll meet you guys in transfiguration." He told them then walked quickly from the room, some eyes following him as he did so. He ran to the nearest bathroom and splashed water onto his face.

The pain was gone as soon as he left the great hall. He sat staring into the mirror for a minute, thinking. His scar hadn't hurt since that night, clearly something was very wrong. It must have to do with Quriell he thought. It hadn't started hurting until he had looked at Harry. He couldn't decide if he should go to Dumbledore or not, he'd probably think he was crazy and not listen. He sat there for a bit before he decided to go to transfiguration.

He walked out of the bathroom and headed to the class. When he walked in he saw most of the class already there. Ron and Hermione were sitting together in a seat and looked up when he walked in. He smiled at them and looked around the room.

He saw one girl sitting by herself, she was a Ravenclaw. She had long blonde hair and bright gray eyes. She sat reading a book and Harry walked over.

"Hi, can I sit here?" He asked.

She looked up at him and hesitantly nodded. "I'm Luna." She told him when he had sat.

"Harry." He said, holding out a hand. She shook it and looked back to the book. Harry looked back to the front and saw a cat on the teachers desk. It was staring at him so he stared back. He wondered if he should talk to it before deciding that the teacher would be there soon and he probably shouldn't.

"Why are you sitting here?" Luna asked suddenly from next to him. He looked back and saw that she was looking at him distrustfully.

"What do you mean?" He asked, confused. She had said he could sit here.

"People will think you're weird for sitting next to me." She answered. Harry looked in her eyes and could tell she was genuinely curious.

"People can think what they want to. It won't affect me and I can chose who I want to be around. You're interesting, and some jerks being rude to you can deal with it." He told her simply.