Chapter Six

(A/N) Time skip to when he turns eleven. He still lives at Gringotts.

Harry woke up in his room, same as almost everyday. Today was his birthday but he didn't plan on celebrating it, the goblins knew he didn't like his birthday so they didn't mention it. It only reminded him if his multiple birthdays he spent hiding away while Ivy celebrated and had fun, he didn't have good memories associated with it.

This time, however, he was excited. He was turning eleven, he was going to get his Hogwarts letter today! He quickly got out of bed and put on his glasses, that he had finally gotten when the goblins realized how much he needed them, then he quickly showered. He walked out to go walk around Diagon Alley like he did most days, almost everyone knew him. Surprisingly, only five people had ever contacted aurors when they were still looking for Harry, others didn't seem to care.

He walked to the familiar book store he most often went to and looked around for a bit. He bought five new books before he left. Then, he went to the Leaky Cauldron to talk to Tom for a bit, someone he had gotten to know well.

"Hello." Harry said when he entered.

"Harry!" He said, smiling, "I haven't seen you in awhile." He continued.

"Yeah, sorry about that, haven't had much extra time." Harry replied with a sheepish smile.

"No big deal, have you gotten your letter yet?" He asked.

"I should be getting it today." Harry replied.

"It's your birthday?" Tom asked him.

"Yes, but I don't like being reminded of that." Harry said. Tom nodded, knowing it probably had something to do with his twin.

They talked for a bit before Harry decided to go back to Gringotts. He walked back to his room and sat around, reading, for awhile. Surprising him a bit, a tap began on the window. Harry jumped up and went over to it, letting the owl in. He untied the letter and gave the owl some water and a treat.

He saw the Hogwarts crest and smiled hugely before opening it and reading.

"Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry

Headmaster:
Albus Dumbledore (Order of Merlin, First Class, Grand Sorc., Chf. Warlock, Supreme Mugwump, International Confed. of Wizards)

Dear Mr. Potter, We are pleased to inform you that you have been accepted at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Please find enclosed a list of all necessary books and equipment.

Term begins on September 1. We await your owl by no later than July 31.

Yours sincerely,
Minerva McGonagall
Deputy Headmistress

He quickly went threw the supplies list.

First-year students will require:

Uniform: Three Sets of Plain Work Robes (Black)

One Plain Pointed Hat (Black) for day wear

One Pair of Protective Gloves (dragon hide or similar)

One Winter Cloak (Black, silver fastenings)

Please note that all student's clothes should carry name-tags.

Books:
°The Standard Book of Spells
(Grade 1) by Miranda Goshawk

°A History of Magic by Bathilda Bagshot