Episode 9: Could Have Been Nicer

Start from the beginning

"Really its nothing." There is no way they're seeing the fort if it's still up like I think it is. Not while the Powerpuff Girl sheets are still up.

Nan shook her head laughing with Howl. Jerks. The door finally opened and I bolted in so fast. Strange was on my heels but I ran up the carpeted stairs faster and slammed the door in her face locking it. "Aw, come on Pit, What are you hiding?" She whined against the door. Sorry, not sorry, no one is seeing this side of me.

I crash landed into the sheets knocking the whole fort down around me. When I tried to stand I kept stumbling all over the place getting tangled in the sheets. Finally I got them off and shoved them under the bed. I gave my room one last lookie loo before I opened the door to find everyone staring at me. "What?" I said shrugging and walking to the living room thinking everyone fallowed me. Everyone did, except for Strange. Should have known better honestly. She came out with an arm full of pink sheets and the biggest grin on her face. Oh my god this is a nightmare! Why?!

I hid my face to stop the blushing. All I could hear was Strange and Howl laughing. When I felt a gentle tap on my shoulder. I shook my head continuing to cover my face. He placed his hands on mine and gently forced my hands away from my face, reluctantly, I looked up to a smiling Benji. "You know it's kinda cute I think."

I sighed and rubbed the back of my neck. "It was a fort. I like that show." I rubbed my face as I went into the kitchen. "Wow, yeah, food sounds great." I yelled back at them.

Howl came in laughing, patting my back. You know? Howl is frickin huge, A whole foot taller and I'm 5'10" so damn. "Your like a jack in the box. You never know whats gonna pop out." He said and sat down purposefully as close to Strange as possible. It was funny cause every time she tried to get away he'd just get closer. "Would you stop running from me?"

"Would you stop being annoying?"

"Nope." He said leaning back in his chair so the back legs were supporting him.

Strange rolled her eyes and crossed her arms, but she did stop moving away. Me and Benji shared laughs as Nan came into the kitchen to make us all something to eat. We all talked about nothing occasionally sharing laughs as Nan served us sammiches. When we got done eating we all shoved things we'd need in a duffel bag and headed off to Moonstone Creek. They call it that because the rocks are white as the moon so even at night everything is illuminated.

We all spilled out of the car and ran for the water, well except for Nan, but she's old so she gets a pass, then again its Nan so she gets a pass always. As I grabbed the bag and headed to the water it was more beautiful than I remembered. The water is so clear you can see the rocks at the bottom. With a big grin on my face I followed everybody to one of the big flat boulders to sit down next to Benji. We all kinda took a minute to soak up the scenery.

Really we should have just gotten in the water when we had the chance, but we're not the weather channel, otherwise this would be super boring. Almost immediately it just started pouring down on all of us all at once. Laughing about it we all raced for the car. I went back for Nan cause the rocks when wet get a little slippery but when I turned she wasn't there. I know she wasn't that close to the water, but that didn't stop me from running to go look anyway. She wasn't there. There where still footprints from where she was, like she was still there but there was nothing. After that the ran stopped and turned to snow making it colder.

Strange ran back followed by Howl and Benji. "What happened? Where's Nan?" She sounded panicked.

"I don't know I turned back and she was just gone. I didn't see anything in the water." I said scratching my head as I looked around.