Teenage Dream

He wasn't my dad's choice at all. Daryl didn't approve one bit. But I couldn't help but grin every time he popped into my head. Especially what he said this morning to me after breakfast.

You think I'm pretty

Without any make-up on

"You look pretty today," he complimented me, his sheriff's hat slipping slightly over his forehead.

"But I don't even have make-up on yet," I said, arching an eyebrow at him suspiciously.

He shrugged, grinning, "You don't need it,"

You think I'm funny

When I tell the punchline wrong

He thought I was funny, laughing hysterically even when I'd gotten the punchline of the joke wrong.

I know you get me

So I let my walls come down, down

No matter what, he got me like no one else. So slowly, that boy in the sheriff's hat had broken down all of the walls around my heart.

Before you met me

I was alright

I still remember the first time I'd met him - when him and his mom, Lori, had come to the "camp" set up by our group.

But things were kinda heavy

It had been hard for me at first though, just having lost my mom to a walker attack.

You brought me to life

Carl had brought me "back to life" though, spending time with me and making sure I knew someone cared.

Now every February

You'll be my Valentine, Valentine

Now every February at the prison, he'd make sure to find chocolates or a teddy bear on a supply run to give to me since he knew it was my favorite holiday. But in all honesty, that boy was my Valentine every day of the year, not just one.

Let's go all the way tonight

The first time he had kissed me had been on Valentine's day, in fact. I could still feel his fingertips on my jawline - that mere touch making me shiver.

No regrets, just love

I had no regrets in kissing him that night, letting him see the side of me I dare not show anyone else. I loved him far too much to hide from him.

We can dance until we die

The night had ended with us dancing in the grass, laughing like maniacs as we tripped over each other's feet.

You and I, we'll be young forever

This world might be making us grow up way too fast but that night...we were young forever.

You make me

He made me feel crazy, reckless, loved, special.

Feel like I'm livin' a

Honestly, we were both living...

Teenage dream

...a teenage dream.

The way you turn me on

As if the world was still the same. As if nothing had changed at all.

I can't sleep

I was lying in bed one night, upset after dad had told me not to see him anymore when he'd sneaked into my room, grasping my hand in his. I'll never forget the words he spoke.

Let's run away and don't ever look back

"Let's run away and don't ever look back." he whispered into my ear, making me shiver.

And I didn't. Not once. I grabbed a bag and we raced out the door of the prison, a gun in his hand to protect us both.

My heart stops

When you look at me

He shot me once last glance over his shoulder, our hands still intertwined and my eyes connected to his. I felt butterflies erupt in my stomach at the wink he sent me before we escaped the prison fences.

Just one touch

Now, baby, I believe

The feel of his hand holding tightly onto my own made me feel so safe, so secure that I knew in my heart, we would be okay.

This is real

No matter what anyone said, what we had was real. And no one was going to take that away from us.

So take a chance and don't ever look back,

Don't ever look back

So we took a chance that night and no matter what happened, I never looked back. Not once did I question what might have been if we'd stayed.

We were together - that's all that mattered.