"Stop." He caught my face in his palms and his thumbs wiped away the stray tears that managed to fall from my brimming eyes. "Stop, Demi. You know that's not true." Wilmer leaned down to my level and shook his head. "I'm kissing you like you're gonna break because I'm afraid that you are. We've both been through a lot, and I know you say you're fine but that doesn't mean I'm convinced. You said it yourself, you spent months thinking we were going to get a divorce and you'd be a single mother. I put you through hell, and you have no idea how much I want to fix that, but sex isn't the way to do it."

"I'm not going to fall apart." I whispered, staring into his eyes.

"I know." He kissed me lightly. "But I might."

"How would you fall apart?" I rolled my eyes but he kept hold of my face.

"Because right now, my mind is a lot more fragile than yours." He tilted his head and sighed. "Demi, try to understand where I'm coming from. I've just managed to get my life back together. I don't want to do anything that could possibly mess that up. That includes having sex in the middle of the night the first time I've slept in the same bed as you. That's not how I want it to go."

"It's not like we're virgins and this is our first time. We're married, Wilmer."

"I know, and I want to stay married to you."

"So no matter what I say or do you won't have sex with me tonight?"

"No." He smiled softly and tucked a piece of hair behind my ear. "Sorry."

"Can you do something else for me then?"

"Anything." He murmured, leaning in to kiss the underside of my jaw.

"Kiss me." I whispered. "Like before, like I'm not going to break."

Wilmer pulled back slightly, then nodded and leaned his forehead against mine. For a heartbeat both of us stopped, then he kissed me. It was a complete turn around from before. Instead of a gentle caress his mouth was hungry and hot against mine. It made my insides twist when his tongue pushed into my mouth, his hands pulling me closer as I pressed my body against his. He leaned forward so I fell back again, and his body moved over me, letting me feel his weight but supporting himself too. I could feel every curve of his body pressed against mine and craved more skin to skin contact. We broke apart and I gasped for air, then yanked my shirt up over my head. Wilmer's eyes automatically traveled to my chest, his eyes widening with the realization I hadn't been wearing a bra.

"Demi."

"Just kiss me." I pulled his lips back to mine but they were frustratingly soft. "Dammit Wilmer." I growled, then pushed him away. "I don't want gentle!"

"You're pregnant." He murmured.

"You're not going to hurt me by kissing me." I grabbed my shirt and threw it back on, then laid down roughly with my back to him. "Just go to sleep."

He sat on the bed for a few moments, then the light clicked off. "Do you still want me to stay?"

"No." I clenched my jaw. "Go to the other room."

"Alright." Wilmer kissed my temple and his nose skimmed down my cheek. "I love you."

Then the weight disappeared off the bed and I was left alone again. It was incredibly frustrating how he managed to infuriate me, while at the same time being the perfect husband himself. I knew he was begin logical, and that I was past the point of rational thinking, but I wanted him. I wanted to feel him hold me and touch me like he used to because it was something that I thought I would never be able to feel again.