Chapter 8 - Unedited

Start from the beginning

"Our meeting isn't for another two hours, is something wrong?" Leo asks Cora, surprised to see her this early as well.

She sashays into our room, as if she owns the place and begins looking at herself through the large mirror pinned to our wall. "I came to let you know there is an issue downstairs " she says as she runs her fingers through her hair and fixes her dress.

"What issue?" Leo says casually putting on his shoes. I staring at their interaction and fight the urge to speak out against my dislike of Cora's barging into our room. I was even more upset that Leo had said nothing about it, as if she visited his room like this frequently.

"Some omegas said they were invited to eat with us by Amira" she says turning around and staring at me with arms crossed. "Their presence is making everyone uncomfortable and they refuse to leave unless seen by Amira"

Leo turns to me questioning the truth of Cora's statement "What is she talking about?"

I immediately felt guilty for waiting this long to tell him but I didn't think it would be an inconvenience to everyone. There was certainly more than enough food to go around, so I don't see what the problem is. "I invited Imad and Karim to start having meals with us. It's not a problem is it?" I said my tone softening as I sensed Leo's rising anger.

"Cora, can you give us a minute" he commands, Cora leaves seeming satisfied at the tension she has introduced.

"You shouldn't have done that without my consent" He says tone suddenly shifting to a calm one.

"Karim's wolf isn't developing properly because he is malnourished, and Imad has been having financial issues..he's a good friend of mine so I want to help." I say quietly shrugging.

"His financial problems are none of your concern. I'll allow them to eat with us this once, but this will not be something that occurs regularly. Omegas do not eat with people of higher rank, I'm sorry Amira, but thats how things work in this pack" he says sternly

He waits, expecting me to say something in response but I just stare back at him in disappointment. I won't say this, but I was beginning to fear that I had made a mistake last night.

"I'm taking your silence as compliance then" he says , grabbing his car keys and stuffing his wallet in his pocket. He seems annoyed, which irritates me because if anyone was to be annoyed right now, it should be me.

Ignoring him completely and walking away , I make my way to the dining area aiming to resolve whatever was going on downstairs.

I find Imad and Karim standing near a wall corner. Their heads made a turn in my direction as they saw me, and their soft smiles warmed my heart.

"Hey" I say giving both of them a hug before pulling away. "Are you alright?" I ask, wanting to hear exactly what happened from Imad directly.

Imad rolls his eyes and leans in closer to me, speaking quietly so only I can hear his words "I'm sure you already know but, thanks for the offer to help, I appreciate it" he smiles and leaves and Karim quietly follows.

I sigh, running my hands through my kinked hair as I hear Leo enter the dining area. As he enters, the Alpha and Luna along with Cora and the rest of the of their colleagues gather together and begin having what seems to be a private conversation.

The fact that I was the only person excluded from the conversation made me begin to think back to what Leo's mother had said about me before. I'm starting to believe that the division within this pack was due to more than just ranking.

As I walk closer to them aiming to join in, they immediately pause their conversation and collectively stare at me in confusion. I stand under their glares uncomfortably, it seems they are waiting for me to say something, likely confused as to why I am near them in the first place.