27. Heart

Naya's P.O.V.Present.

"I have Regan and I'll give her to you. If you stop hurting everyone. NOW." I screamed, waited for him to get up. Usually, iron could kill a Fae, just like werewolves and silver but he was also a hellhound, they were immune worldly weapons.

 That would burn out the iron but his Fae half was still hurt, that was his kryptonite. Just like the burn marks I remember seeing. It was his Fae side was effected and the hellhound helped him survive.

He shook on the ground and his fog disappeared. Groaning, he turned from one side to another as the bullet made his way out of his forehead. The wound didn't heal, it left a wide whole in his forehead.

"You're LYING." His white beady eyes penetrated through the night.

"If I was, would I be here breaking down the castle and digging up Regan's grave?" I taunted him. Finally, he stood, staggering on his feet. "Come on Hayden, do you really think I'd come anywhere near you to die again?"

"I made a deal with the spirits, you've been trying to get to other to the other side all these years but your beloved is here. Right behind that castle." I tried to get closer to him but Ocean held me back.

"Aaron and A.J. are digging now." He whispered to me.

Suddenly a purple light illuminated from behind the castle, Hayden lifted his arm, black loose sleeve covered him from the light. He hissed. It was the talisman.

Suddenly I heard the screams of the witches. Recollection of the past attacked me and my heart died a little for my friends that lost their lives that night. 

Only witnesses were the moon and the spirits. Everyone covered their ears at the screeching sound, even the damn Darkling.

The voices scorched the earth, blew away the leaves. Ghostly figures shot out of the windows and doors. Everyone stared at them in disbelief. Thick grey air swirled in loose forms of human figures flying towards the green light in front of the moon.

"What the hell just happened?" Ocean breathed out.

"We knew he was coming after us, so the witches put talismans in each corner to keep Hayden out and for their own protection, they moved in. But what we didn't know he could manipulate the humans into getting in and slaughtering us. The damn talismans bounded the witches who casted spell and trapped their souls in." I explained.

The wolves who were pissed jumped into action and ran towards where Aaron and A.J. were digging.

"Like I said I wasn't lying. You can cross the barrier now." I didn't trust him but Josh was there where Hayden couldn't get to. He finally crossed the line and slowly walked towards Ocean and I. In the process, he shed his robe, burns marred his chest, arms and body. He seemed to be stuck in the olden days due to then ancient style pants he was wearing.

"Why should I believe you?" The wind carried his voice.

"You get her back and you leave us alone. It's that simple." He started at me like he wanted to kill me. His hands twitched that he clenched them into fists.

"That simple. THAT SIMPLE. You burn US ALIVE AND YOU think it's ALRGHT?" He screamed causing Ocean to shield me. I touched his arm to sooth him, calm him down. Hayden had nothing on Ocean when it came to hand to hand combat but the bastard used his Fae powers.

"YOU killed humans for FUN. You all did." I wanted to claw his white eyes out.

"Well, look how that turned out." He smirked and Ocean growled.

"How did you do it huh?" I didn't understand that part. How the humans that they tortured sided with him.

The smirk remained on his face. "At first I threatened them. I would torture them if they didn't kill the witches and you. Taught them how to do it, taught them your weakness. Silver for wolves, burning the witches alive like they did to us, iron for Faes and so much more.