1. Preparation

This is an unedited chapter. Please ignore the mistakes.
Naya's P.O.V.

It was unnatural for a wolf to have not found their mate by the age of 25. Considering the werewolf community had dwindled down to only a handful of packs in this modern day and age.

It was harder to hide in the human world. Which, in fact, increased the rate of meeting ones mate sooner rather than later. Packs were not in war anymore. The A peace treaty was established by our ancestors.

Therefore, each year, un-mated wolves would travel to different packs to seek out their mates. To the humans it seemed like a vacation to a different part of the world or country.

That is how it was supposed to look like. Hiding in plain sight.

Unfortunately for me I haven't found mine yet. I'm 22 for goddess sake and my parents had sent me to every "vacation" there possibly was. But NOPE.

It seemed like my mate was and probably still is hiding from me. Being the daughter of the Alpha of our pack I had many responsibilities. One of them had been to plan the upcoming Annual Leadership Gala that my father was hosting after quite a few years.

Every year the Alphas of all if not most packs gathered together with their Heirs to strategise about a better way to keep the werewolf community together so we don't become extinct like some of the other supernatural colonies.

Packs became Tribes. Tribes became communities. A label given to us by the humans to describe a community of people who didn't like to integrate with others.

Now, with the high technological world, it was much harder to not socialise. Some packs around the world decided to lock themselves in one community in a land surrounded by trees bought from the government.

The outside world saw them as cults but in reality, they just didn't want their secret to get out, nor did they want any more killings of their kind by the humans.

Those particular Alphas or the packs weren't as modern as my own or any of the other I am more familiar with. My father saw himself as a community leader more than an Alpha and he wasn't the only one.

It was hard to put these two polarising opinion in one place without some wolves butting heads. But one thing was always clear. Protect one another and our secret at any cost.

"Naya, can you recheck the number of rooms you book at the hotel, I don't want anything to go wrong my dear." My mother's voice floated through the closed door of my room.

She knocked and opened the door without waiting for me to reply. That move drove me crazy as a teenager and now, I don't even know why I moved back after college.

"Everything is done. I even called the people who were hosting some Alphas at their home. Jane Mildrige –the beta's wife-, Margaret O'neal, Roger Spencer and Pricilla Gomez are all more than happy to host the weekend for the Alphas who weren't comfortable with staying at the hotel with high activity of humans." I replied without turning around in my chair.

Instead I stared at the white realm of snow covering every surface of my mother's beloved garden. The chill in the air did nothing to me. It only made me want to crawl out of my human skin into the light grey wolf.

A garage door opening couple of miles away caught my eyes. A human family with two kids rolled out of their driveway and drove off along the rows of houses before turning the corner to disappear.

A sad sigh left my lung.    

I couldn't just burst into my wolf and go running whenever I want to. The primal instinct never dies no matter how "integrated" you feel.