17.5 Painting

Naya's P.O.V.
Red Mount 1990 

"Jace, dude... screaming walls..." Isaiah banged the concrete walls next to him. "Disappearing corridors..." He pointed behind us. "... and... and..." He looked around like a headless chicken. "...EVERYTHING... is fucking weird." He flailed his arms around. "Ocean, I'm scared." With one long stride he was behind Ocean holding his arms like a scared little girl.

"Get the fuck of, off me." Ocean chuckled under his breath trying to set himself free from Isaiah.

Just when our hearts returned to its normal pace, another creaking noise dragged out breaking the comfortable trance we fell into. Our head snap back towards the opposite side of the dark wall.

"What the hell is that?" Lea exclaimed.

A silhouette of a half opened rectangular door appeared in distance. Golden flickering light illuminated the mystery room.

"You think that's the way out?" Jace asked.

"That's the only way I think." I looked at Ocean wondering what the next plan was.

"Let's go." He ordered and we followed.

Un-sync footsteps echoed through the thin air as we half jogging towards the door. It was the light at the end of a dark tunnel.

"Did you know it would stop before you kissed me?" Ocean asked just before reaching the door.

"No, I just did it when you said you had to get me out of here." I confessed.

"But did you feel it?" He asked. "I mean the electricity." He clarified even though he didn't have to.

"Yes..." I confessed igniting a fire in his eyes. Pride washed over my heart and smile crept up onto his lumped lips.

"I'm not going in first." Isaiah pushed Ocean forward making him stumble inside.

"WOAH." Every one gasped in awe at the size of the room we were guided to.

The room was massive with authentic mahogany furniture. A king-sized bed with maroon bed sheets and pillows was situated right in the middle of the room.

Hand carved wooden framed the high risen bed. Maroon silk curtains hung down its sides, tied by a large golden and tasselled rope. Right next to us, laid a long chaise lounge with couple of unorganised maroon satin cushion scattered on it.

"What is this place?" Lea wondered out loud.

Suddenly, images of this room flashed before my eyes. However, they did not look as gloomy and uncanny as it looked right in real life.

Everything looked unorganised and dusty yet elegant. Pure wooden table and four chairs with visible grain across it situated on the left side of the room. On the right in was the large tainted windows.

They looked almost black with the suet marks from the open fire place but I managed to make out a lonely grave tomb far into woods. Dull sunlight streamed through the square pieces of glasses creating blurry visible rays of light rested on grey concrete floor, highlighting the specks of dust particles floating around us.

Craning my neck up, I spotted a large worn out candle lit chandelier hanging from the high ceiling above. Other essential candle holders were attached to the concrete walls around us, illuminating the whole room.

"OH MY GOD." Lea exclaimed from far left. It took me a while to grasp the fact that she'd already started moving around the whole room. Exploring and harvesting any clues that might get us out of here.