15. Stop

Naya's P.O.V.
Red Mount  1990

"Make it stop..." I whispered to no one.

I couldn't comprehend how a sudden burst of anxiety replaced my prior feeing of despair and sadness. Due to the pain, my heightened senses became too dim for me to realise that someone was rustling behind the fern bushes.

Usually, I was able to recognise them by their sent or at least hear them approaching from miles away. However, I felt paralysed by those intense feeling and I thought I was going to die. The pain was overbearing.

It took me a moment to realise that someone was slowly emerging form the bushes. I sniffed the sweet warm air surrounding me but instead ended up chocking. Abruptly, two strong hands engulfed me in a familiar hug. His touch created electric impulses and I knew exactly who it was.

"Make... it... stop." I choked out scratching at his bare chest.

"I'm so sorry baby girl." He replied in a hoarse yet concerned voice.

Soon after, the pain started to fade away and as my senses started return. I could finally think carefully. His unique musky sent invaded my nostrils and I inhaled deeply taking him all in. His sent was my drug. His touch was my remedy. I didn't know how I'd live without him.

"Are you okay now?" Ocean breathed out.

"I think so..." He helped me stand up. "What was that?" I asked looking up to meet his pained expression. My heart broke again at the sight of his gentle orbs glistening in the sun.

"I'm so sorry baby girl." I repeated.

"It's fine..." I smiled in bewilderment. "I'm sure you had nothing to do with it, Ocean."

As soon as his name left my mouth, he shut his eyes and gulped loudly, trembling under my hold. He was trying to control himself from bursting out into his wolf. Quickly stepping forward I rested my hands on the sides of his neck.

"Ocean it's okay... calm down." I kept repeating myself and massaged his shoulders. It always calmed him down.

"I can't control it..." He whispered under his breath.

"Ocean..." I moved backwards slightly trying to free myself from his firm grip.

"Why did you do that?" He, unwillingly tore his eyes away from my bare neck. The t-shirt had dipped to one side and slid down my upper arm.

I covered my neck. "What did I do?"

"You ran away from me..." He took a large step engulfing the distance I created between us. "Why did you do that?" His quivering voice vibrated through my bones. His gentle touch burnt holes in my skin when he grabbed my arm and closer to him. "Why did you do that to me?" I could physically hear the strain in his voice when he rested his forehead against mine.

"No, no, baby look at me." I wiped away my fallen tear before taking his face in my hands. "It wasn't your fault okay... I... I thought you..." The sunshine around us started fade away, hiding behind the clouds and trees. His eyes shimmered with sadness and I had to close my eyes to build the courage to say what was going to break my heart.

"I thought you found your mate..."

"I have." My eyes immediately popped open at his vague confession. A small smile formed on his face shattering my heart into millions of pieces. "Wait why did you just feel that?" he asked frowning immediately.

At first I didn't understand his question but when I realised he felt my heart break, a sudden burst of hope erupted from the bottom of my pit.

"You felt that...?" I asked in astonishment.