Counselling

Pablo and I walked to my classroom. We decided that Pablo would be there during my first counsels for the support, he knew almost everything though.

'Hey Emma!' Pablo said.

She was looking at the piano, but she turned around when Pablo said her name.

'Hey Pablo! I love that paino. Is it yours?' She pointed at me.

I nodded. 'So you must be Angie..'

'Yes, I am, welcome in the Studio.'

'So, I heard from Pablo that you are going through a hard time and I am hear to help you.'

'Yeah, thank you.' I said shyly.

'So why don't you start with what is bothering you, I only know a little bit of what I have heard from Pablo so far...'

'I will begin from the beginning. German is the husband of my sister. My sister died during a car crash. My sister was Maria, a pretty famous singer and during that car crash she was on tour. First she didn't want to do the tour but my dad and Antonio insisted a bit. Singing was her passion and she didn't want to stop either, even though she had a daughter, Violetta, who she loved very much. German gave my family the fault of her death and German took Violetta away from us, he was afraid that the same would happen to her. I searched years and years to find her, and when I finally did, German thought I came to the house to apply as her tutor. Everything went so fast, so I became her tutor. Though German didn't want Violetta to sing, Violetta had a big passion for music just like her mother. Violetta came to the Studio even though she wasn't allowed from her dad, but he didn't know. and I... I... I fell in love with him, and he fell in love with me too... we kissed..' I stopped for a while, I knew that Pablo looked shocked at me because I never told him that we kissed. 'but he didn't know that he was my brother-in-law. At that time he was engaged with Jade, whom he never loved. When Jade found out about who I was, he told him, as revenge.. She wanted him for his money and was ready to do everything to marry him. And she got what she wanted, he stopped loving me, eventhough they never got married again. After a while, he also found out about Violetta taking lessons in the Studio, and it took time but he accepted it. He realised that it was she who had to be happy and singing made her happy, eventhough he was afraid to lose her. Right now, I still tutor Violetta but I left the house and he is about to marry someone which is in my opinion not much better than Jade. She threatened me to leave the house, I did when I found out that their relationship was more than just business. She kissed him infront of me because she knows that I am still in love with him. She is trying to take my place in the family. Esmeralda, her name, is evil just like Jade. But German won't see it. I can't stand the fact that he is making a big mistake again. But I love him and I want him to be happy and if this is what makes him happy.'

I started crying. I felt Pablo's arms around my shoulder.

'The fact, that you are so open, especially at this stage of the counselling means a lot Angie. It was really brave. Many people only open up at the 3rd/4th counsel.' Emma said. She looked at me sympathically.

'I think we should let it by now, telling me all of this is a big step and the next time we can go more into detail. Good job Angie.'

I smiled, letting it all out made me feel a bit better.

'Thank you. I think you are right, I have had enough for today.'

'I will see you next week. I will let you two alone. Goodbye Pablo!'

We both said goodbye. As Emma opened the door, I saw how Jeremias almost fell infront of Emma. I was shocked.

'Were you eavesdropping us?' Emma asked hurtly, not liking the fact someone was trying to overhear a highly private convo.

'I am so sorry Angie. After what you told me this morning about German, I was really worried, and I didn't mean to eavesdrop, I just wanted to be sure that you were okay.' Jeremias said. I saw that his eyes were hurt. That got me, he really cared for me, otherwise it wouldn't bother him that much.

'Thank you Jeremias, it means a lot that you care. It doesn't matter, I get it but the next time please ask or tell me if you want to know something.'

'I will, I am sorry. I should leave.' He closed the door and walked away with Emma. I heard them arguing as I felt that Emma thought it was a scandle to eavesdrop.

Pablo hugged me.

'You never told me you guys kissed!'

'I am sorry Pablo! He kissed me and it wasn't that long after we broke up and I didn't want to hurt you.'

'I understand.'

The bell went, first class was over.

'Drink a bit of water and check your make-up.' He winked at me and left.

I was glad I had a friend like him. He really cared for me and he only wanted the best for me. I had sophomores 2nd period.

While teaching I got a text. I said to everyone to drink something as I took my telephone out of my bag. It was from Violetta.

'ANGIEEEE. I am out of the hospital. Are you coming for dinner to my house to celebrate it?'

'Hey darling. I am glad you're out. Of course I will be there to welcome you home.'

Not much happened the rest of the day. I only worked until 1 PM and went home. I worked a bit on my lessons for tomorrow. Preparing myself on what to do. I changed clothes and went to the Castillo's house.

I rang the bell and Olga opened.

'Miss Angie! I haven't seen you in a while. How are you?' She hugged me and I smiled.

'Hey Olga. I am fine. How are you?'

'Perfect, knowing that our little angel is save at home.'

'Angie!' Violetta walked towards me on her crutches.

'You know what I can do with those things.' She tried to tickle me with her crutches and I laughed.

Then German and Esmeralda came downstairs, hand in hand. German wore a suit and it fitted perfect on him. Only now I saw that they were wearing the engagement rings. I said nothing and helped Violetta to the table.

During dinner I was chatting with Violetta about the Studio when German interrupted us.

'So Angie.. how are things going between you and Pablo?'