Castiel x reader - bedtime

Standing on your tippy toes, you give Cas a minty fresh kiss on his soft lips. He tilts his head to the side and flashes his newly brushed teeth.
"I really don't understand why you brush your teeth. You're an ANGEL", you say while crossing your arms. Cas takes a step closer to you and gently strokes your cheek. "Because, y/n, I like doing stuff with you." You blush slightly at this, biting the inside of your lip to keep yourself from smiling. He smirks at you and inches even closer to you, hovering his head over your shoulder. His deep, calm breaths against your exposed neck giving you goose bumps as he quietly whispers "you have toothpaste on your cheek" before wiping it off with his hand and leaving the room. "Damn you Cas" you mutter to yourself.
Just as you're about to get into bed, Cas walks into your room. You put your hands on your hips and smirk at him, "see anything you like?" You ask. His eyes trail down your body, covered in a baggy shirt and pajama pants with cupcakes. He gives you a big smile before walking up to you again, taking you into his warm embrace. "You're so beautiful." He says, the sound of his voice making your heart flutter. He kisses your forehead and lays down on the bed, waiting for you with his arms out. You crawl over to the middle of the bed and lay down on top of his body, making yourself comfortable. His arms wrap around your body. "I'm all set" you say softly. The familiar sound of wings quietly travels through the air for a split second, before Cas slowly wraps them around you. If someone asked you to describe what his wings feel like, you wouldn't know how to. They're so gentle, yet so strong and powerful. You can't really feel any feathers, you can't feel anything, really. His wings are there, you know it - you can feel it. But if you looked, all you would see is a shadow. Simply wings, just like birds have. Yet they have the ability to do so much more than just make someone fly. Every night, Cas wraps his wings around you and hold you tight. While you sleep, he holds you and watches over you. Every nightmare that comes your way, he makes them go away. He protects you, not just when you're awake but even in your sleep. Before you met Castiel, you hadn't had a decent nights sleep for as long as you could remember. Always scared, fearing something. You didn't always know what. Nightmares would haunt you. But no, not when you're with Cas. Not when you're with an angel.
"I love you y/n."
"I love you too, Castiel."
And with those words that conclude your bedtime routine, you close your eyes and fall asleep.

A/N
I miss writing so much. My mental health is why I stopped in the first place. Without getting into too much detail, because let's be honest, no one cares, I have struggled a lot and I still do. But I'm gonna give this another shot, because I miss you. All of you. If anyone is still reading this, thank you for sticking around.

Love,
Queen of Hell.