Chapter Twenty-Two: Jake

Marissa and I laid on our stomachs on my carpeted floor, our textbooks and mostly done project in from of us. But, we weren't working. We were just talking about even the littleist of things. It felt like I've known her my whole life. She shared so many facts about herself that I never knew about and she was a great storyteller when she spoke. I could picture everything in my head as if I was there.
    I had a Diet Coke bottle sitting next to me as she had a Sprite beside her. A plate of homemade cookies sitting between us. Curtesy of mom. Paul's out of town for work for the week so it's just Anna, mom, and I.
    We were laughing and Marissa grabbed a cookie and took a bite while still laughing. That damn laugh. I got goosebumps just hearing it. We were talking mostly about some funny stuff Anna did and just anything we could think of. She was so close to me. Closer than she usually was. I couldn't help but stare at her lips. I'm noticing so much more about her than I usually did. I noticed her lip gloss smelled like strawberries. I like strawberries. I knew she was staring at me the same way too.
     "And then Janice and I went out to the pool," Marissa said. I could barely focus on her words as the thought of kissing her roamed through my head. After the kiss we shared at the park, it was the only thing I could think about. What if I kissed her right now? "We were so drunk that we ended up falling into the pool right on top of this couple that was making out. The only way I remember this is from stories by eye-witnesses." She laughed at her own words.
     I laughed too. "How mad were they?" I asked and took a cookie, taking a bite while looking in her eyes.
     "Oh, they were more than mad. They were screaming so loud that it echoed through the whole house. I'm pretty sure the girl was more mad than her boyfriend. I think we accidently cut one of their lips."
     We both laughed hysterically. "I wish I could relate," I said. "Sadly, I've never been drunk enough to do something like that."
     We continued laughing at the story when our laughs slowly faded away to nothing and we just stared at each other. Her eyes had this glossy look to them. Her mascara made her eyes stand out. I've seen her without makeup. She's beautiful with or without it on.
     I shook myself, which wasn't a good idea because my arm hit my Coke can and it spilled all over the front of my shirt and the carpet. My shirt seemed to have gotten most of it. "Oh, shit." I leaned up, watching my shirt drip.
     I could tell Marissa was trying to hide a laugh as I left my room to get some cleaning supplies. My mom taught me a trick to get rid of stains.
    "You need some help?" Marissa asked when I came back into the room with the supplies.
    "I think I got it," I said and started applying the products to the stain. Scrubbing so hard I thought my hand would develop blisters. "Can you grab me a new shirt?" I asked and pointed at the dresser. "Any thing in the third drawer down." I took off my shirt and tossed it in the hamper nearby and continued cleaning.
    She did as I asked and grabbed a gray V-neck for me. She walked over and leaned down, handing me the shirt. Suddenly, her arms reached around me and one hand started tracing itself around the small tattoo I have on my collarbone. I got the tattoo after Anna was born. It read, "Annabelle Rose," With her birthday and time of birth printed underneath it. I don't talk much about the tattoo. I was just happy I was able to get one. "I like your tattoo," She said and turned her head to the side to look at me, her finger still tracing around the tattoo. "When'd you get it?"
     "Two weeks after Anna was born." Oh, God. She was having this strange affect on me right now.
     "Do you have any other tattoos?" She asked.
      I shook my head slightly. "No."
     She brushed her lips on my shoulder. "Well, I like it." I couldn't focus on cleaning the carpet.  I'm going to blame her if it stains. I took her Sprite can and took a sniff of it through the opening. Smelled normal. She laughed. "What are you doing?"
    "Just making sure you didn't spike your drink."
    She turned her head to look me straight in the eyes. "Do you think I'm drunk?" I gave an uncertain look and shrug. She responded with another laugh. "I'm not drunk," She said and kissed my cheek.
    She placed a kiss on my  neck. "Which is exactly what a drunk person would say."
    She looked me in the eyes again. "Do I need to prove it?"
    I grinned and shrugged. "Maybe you should."
    She smirked and brought her face closer to mine as I did the same. And, it was so sudden. She placed her lips on mine and gave me a short lived but sweet kiss. "Believe me yet?"
    I smirked, playfully licking my bottom lip. "It was kind of hard to tell. Let me try again." I kind of cut the last word short as my lips placed themselves back on hers. This one being more passionate and longer. 
   She was the first to pull away. "When's your mom get home?"
    I thought for a moment. "Not for a couple hours."
    She smirked and twisted her body so her legs were wrapped around my torso. She grabbed my face and kissed me hard. It took no time at all for our mouths to open and our tongues began to play together. Her hands pushed our faces closer together. I didn't care about catching some air when I kissed her. It was like she was my oxygen.
     I stood us up, my lips never leaving hers. When we finally separated and were on our feet, she looked me in the eyes and took her shirt off slowly. I just watched as she then took off her bra. Completely exposing her upper body to me. She grabbed one of my hands and placed it over one of her breast. No words left our mouths before we started kissing again. 
      I leaned us down on the bed so she was on top of me and my legs dangled off the bed. Her body was pressing down onto my bare chest. Skin on skin contact. Without disconnecting our lips, I roamed my hands down her sides and slowly slid them into the back of her pants. She leaned her hands down and helped unbuckle my belt buckle. She slid my jeans down to my knees and I helped bring them down to my ankles and kicked them off.
       I gave a small laugh into the kiss and flipped us over so I was now on top. I kissed my way from her lips to her jaw and to her neck. I sucked there for the longest, positive I was going to leave a hickey. I kissed my way down her body until I reached the band of her jeans and slowly slid them off. I bit down on the lining of her underwear and slid them down her legs before kissing my way back up to her lips.
       She bit my bottom lip as her hands roamed down to remove my boxers. Leaving us totally exposed to each other. I leaned my head up and stroked her cheek. I could see a hint of a blush appearing on both her cheeks. "You're beautiful."
        She smiled and leaned her head up so our lips were back together. I leaned my body down closer to hers, slowly guiding myself into her. Not once disconnecting our lips. She moaned into my mouth but I shut her up with a strong kiss, keeping her distracted. I've never done it like this before.