Chapter 25 "Apology"

Börja om från början

He handed me the bouquet and said,
"She's gonna love it. Good luck."

I was surprised at his comment. How was he so sure that it was a girl? I asked him the same and he chuckled lowly and replied,

"Sir, the way your eyes sparkle is all the confirmation I needed. "

I didn't even question it and just smiled at him and payed for the flowers along with a hefty amount of tip for him and left the store.

I drove to wards her apartment thinking about how she will react seeing the flowers, or seeing me?

Will she be happy?

Or angry?

Does she hate me?

God. I hope not.

As I approached her apartment building, I started to grow more and more nervous. I really hope she gives me another chance.

I parked my car in front of her building and entered the building while carrying the bouquet. I moved towards the elevator and pressed the number to Sophie's floor.
As the elevator door opened, I walked towards her apartment.

Don't ask me how I know all of this.

When I reached her door, I spent a few seconds just adjusting my outfit and hair. Then, gathering all the courage in me, I knocked.

And again the nervousness kicked in.

Although it was just a few seconds, it felt like an long torturous never ending hour till the door opened.

The door opened and Sophie looked at me  and froze. She looked into my eyes and I could clearly see the shock in them and after the initial shock wore off,  she smiled at me it was replaced by happiness.

She is happy to see me!

Seeing her happy put a smile in my own face. But the smile on her face soon faded away and was replaced by nervousness and ...hurt.

Probably remembering about those lies.

I internally grimaced, remembering my own words myself. But I didn't pay much attention to it and focused on her. She was looking at me shyly and I took the moment to look at her.

Her hair was in a messy bun above her head  and she was wearing a cotton shirt, probably because it looked really comfortable, with dark coloured shorts that left her legs bare from mid thigh. She had really long, smootg and well toned legs. I was really tempted to touch them and trail my hands through them untill-...

Stop with the dirty thinking!

Get a grip!

I mentally reminded myself and looked at Sophie. Her presence alone is enough to fill me with weird emotions.

Peace.

Warmth.

Happiness.

Lov-

Okay Alexander, now you're getting ahead of yourself.

"Hi."
I willed myself to speak first.

She shyly looked at me and asked,

"Mr. Rivera, what are you doing here?"

"I came here to.."

I took a deep breath and said finally,

"I came here to apologise. "

Seeing the determination in my eyes or probably the nervousness, she invited me inside her apartment. She led me towards the couch in the living room and offered me to sit. Sophie sat across from me in a long couch while I was in a love seat.

Her apartment looked really cozy and neat. Everything was in it's place and gave a homy feel to it.

Just like her.

"I brought this for you." I said as I gave her the bouquet.

Her eyes lit up instantly and a bright smile came upon her lips, seeing the beautiful flowers. She looked so cute.
She brought the flowers upto her cute little nose took a whiff of their sweet smell and closed her eyes, savoring it.

She opened her eyes and looked at me and this time her smile and the sparkle in her eyes were directed towards me.

"Thank you. They are beautiful."

I smiled genuinely, looking at her content face and started speaking again,

"Sophie. I.. I came here to apologise. Listen, what I said that -"

I was saying when Sophie interjected me with,

"It's okay Mr. Rivera. I totally understand. Besides you were right. I shouldn't have-"

I couldn't listen To her, taking all the blame when no one but me is at fault.

"No. No! You're completely not understanding. What I said that night was totally wrong and nothing but a big fat lie. Please forgive me for my behaviour. "

She was about to argue again when I said again,

"Please. Forgive me. I didn't mean any of that. Remember this. You're so much more to me."

She finally looked convinced and She kept staring at me the way I kept staring into her eyes.

She smiled looking at me and nodded slowly, letting me know that she accepted my apology. I then added,

"You know, you can call me Alexander or Alex when we are not in the office."

Honestly, I never gave this privilege to any of my previous assistants but Sophie is not just someone.
And I really wanted to hear her calling my name.

She looked reluctant for moment but replied with an 'okay'.

I smiled at her but my attention diverted when one of the doors, leading to her bedroom opened.

I looked at the person and it was...

A guy?!

AN:
What do you think about Alexander's feelings?

Please Don't forget to VOTE and COMMENT.

115 Votes and I'll update next chapter.

Love you lots.❤❤