"ugh!" minghao groaned, falling back into the couch with an annoyed expression. "i just wanted a chill afternoon to cool down, i don't want to do manual labour!"

"minghao!" the woman scolded, smacking her son upside his head, making the boy whine in pain. "don't be rude. go upstairs and change"

minghao groaned again but complied, dragging himself up the stairs and towards his bedroom. he pulled off the uncomfortable uniform and put on a simple white shirt and shorts. he made sure his sweat had been wiped off and blasted himself with deodorant before lazily trudging downstairs in the midst of texting his friends. it was jeonghan who started off the conversation.

[jeonghan]
ew i have my first day of work today

[seokmin]
lmao suckkkss

how does it feel to not be able to nap for six hours??

[jeonghan]
it's fucking horrible, seokmin

[me]
i gotta help my new neighbours load their shit in their house

and in this h e a T i think tf not

[seokmin]
oh ew

rlly sucks to be u guys

[jeonghan]
what r u doing now min?

[seokmin]
living my best life with the house to myself bc chan's off at his tutors

[me]
lucky bitch

[seokmin]
ily2

[me]
wutever i gotta go. later thotties

minghao's mother was already waiting at the front door with a cap in her hands that he put on minghao's head for further protection from the sun. they soon went out to help the neighbours move in.

"minghao, these are the wens" his mother introduced, catching the attention of the two adults as the high school student bowed politely and greeted them.

"it's nice to meet you. i hope you'll enjoy this neighbourhood and live comfortably" minghao said with a bright smile.

"thank you, minghao" the woman smiled back nicely.

"they have a son about your age too, hao. i believe he attends your school?"

the mr wen nodded to confirm. "yes, we do—where is he? junhui!" the man called into the house and a few moments later, a tall boy walked out of the house with a top that showed off his muscular arms quite well and a welcoming expression settled on his face. minghao almost choked on air.

he should have piece everything together when hearing the family's name. minghao was well aware of who wen junhui was but had never actually gotten to interact with him. they had never even crossed paths when walking through the corridors. minghao had just heard the gossip around school about this handsome chinese boy, full of charms. minghao didn't know what his future would entail by having junhui as a neighbour.

"nice to meet you, i'm junhui" the raven-haired boy bowed slightly.

minghao just stayed where he stood, locking eyes with junhui who was quick to look him up and down, analysing him. minghao couldn't help but question the undertone of mischief hidden in his smile. none the less he smiled back just to please their parents, seeming as of they would get along.

"dad! i can't find my teddy!" a high pitched voice of a little boy rang throughout the vicinity and low and behold, a child ran out from the house, crashing into his father's legs with a sad pout.