thirteen

tw // accident & mentions of blood/death. you can skip to the next chapter if you want
_

"Joelle watch out!". A voice yells, snapping me back into reality.

Just then, it's like I black out and freeze, I don't know what's going on.

"Oh my gosh! Someone call an ambulance!". Another voice yells, bringing me back to my senses as I found myself laying on the grass.

How did I end up here? 

"Are you okay?". An older man appears, hovering over me as he helps me up.

"Yes I'm fine, thank yo-". My voice gives out as my eyes catch an awful sight.

"B-Borah?". My voice cracks as I look at her.

Borah was laying on the sidewalk, her arms above her head as a red liquid slowly runs down her forehead as her head faced towards me.

"Hwang Borah". I say again, getting down on my knees to get closer to her. "Come on, get up. You're going to be okay". 

I try and shake her but nothing happens, causing tears to form in my eyes. There was no sign of her breathing as I held her in my arms, tears flowing from my eyes.

No. No, this can't happen. This didn't happen. This is just a dream.

"Chan". I yell, hoping he would somehow hear me.

A hand grabs my arm, part of me hoping it's Chan and the other part hoping it's not just so he doesn't see this horrible scene.

"Come on, you shouldn't see this". The man from earlier says, trying to pull me off the ground.

"No I-". I mumble, trying hard not to cry as I attempt to yell for the others. "Woojin! Minho!".

The man let's go of me and I lay herback down, moving over to hold her hand.

"Jisung!". I yell once more, still hoping they would hear my screaming.

Luckily, it worked. A group of boys were seen running towards the scene.

"Oh my-". Seungmin gasps.

"What happened?". Woojin speaks up, tears slightly already forming in his eyes.

"My wife and I were walking down the sidewalk as we saw your friend push her out of the way onto the grass as a car was coming right for them". The man pauses. "The car hit this young girl, she hit the car multiple times before coming down and hitting her head on the pavement. It took off right after that".

"We're so sorry for what happened. I wish we could have been paying attention to the license plate to help more". The man's wife speaks up.

"Thank you for your help though". Chan says, leaning down to my level as the couple walks slightly away from the scene to wait for the police.

"S-She pushed me out of the way". I say, tears falling down my cheeks. "It would have been me, it should have been me".

"Joelle don't be like that". Chan pulls me into a hug.

Woojin sits on his knees, right next to Borah as soft whimpers and tears come from him.

Just then my phone dings.

Anonymous
Your friends wouldn't of been this sad if it was you.

Anonymous
Such a pitty that hwang borah saved your life out of anyone but he never liked her anyways, she kept you from him

Out of anger, I harshly throw my phone on the pavement, watching as the screen shatter as tears run down again.

"What was that for?". Minho asked.

Jisung walks over, picking up the phone and looking at the screen that still showed the text conversation.

"Who is this?". Jisung asks with a stern face.

"I-I don't know". I lower my head, shaking it slightly. "They've been texting me all day".

"What is it?". Chan takes the phone from jisung.

"Don't listen to that person, if that was you, I would have been more heartbroken than what I am now". Jisung pulls me into his chest, wrapping his arms around my body tightly.

"I wish it was me". I mumble, tears falling down my cheeks and on to his shirt.

"Jo, don't say that. If anything, this is my fault. I'm the one who said the dare and whatever. Please don't hate yourself for this, hate me if you have to".

"I can't hate you".

Just then the police and an ambulance show up.

"Let's go talk to them and I'll take you home". Jisung smiles, attempting to make me feel better.

An hour later, the police take all of our statements, including the couple's.

This just happened so fast.

Why did this happen?

Why? I just need an answer. 

___

Sorry for the "dark" turn but it ties into a scene in this fanfic. Also I know I'm late with updates but I've been trying to keep up with school aannddddd strAY KIDS' DEBUT!!!

I'm so ready:)

Alright have a nice day/night !