Epilogue

"Open wide!"

Baekhyun held his spoon up in the air as his boyfriend leaned in from the opposite end of the table and took the spoon in his mouth. He smiled brightly as he swallowed it down.

"Delicious" Chanyeol grinned. "Just like you"

Blushing furiously, Baekhyun hit the taller on the arm. "Don't say things like that" he said shyly.

"Why not?" Chanyeol laughed, watching his adorable boyfriend try to hide his face.

"Because..."

Chanyeol reached over and stroked Baekhyuns silky hair until he looked up and met eyes.
Chanyeol couldn't have smiled any brighter, he couldn't have felt any happier. Baekhyun truly was perfect, and he was finally his.

"Eat up" Baekhyun said.

The taller nodded and continued to eat the meal Baekhyun had especially cooked for him.

Baekhyun had decided he really liked cooking, so recently he had been preparing meals for the two of them to enjoy. Even if they weren't the most grand meals in all of history, Chanyeol loved each and every dish to pieces because it was Baekhyun who made them, and made them for him. Baekhyun put his heart and soul into these meals so Chanyeol would make sure to cherish every little bit of it.

Chanyeol adored Baekhyun so much.

"What do you want to do now?" Baekhyun asked after they had finished eating.

"I want to hug you and tell you how much you I love you"

Baekhyun hid his face once more, face burning and trying to hold in his squeals. "You always do that"

"It's my favourite thing to do"

Baekhyun peered over his sleeve paws and smiled. What did I do to deserve him?

Chanyeol returned the smile before standing up from his chair and walking to the other side of the table. He took his boyfriends hand and pulled Baekhyun up from his seat, leading him towards the smallers bed.

They stood at the foot of the bed as Chanyeol takes his other hand. He gazed down to the smaller, looking at him with so much love and adoration.

"I love you"

Baekhyun stares back in the same way. Baekhyun couldn't have asked for anyone more loving than Chanyeol. He slipped his hands out of Chanyeols gentle hold and reached up to cup the tallers cheeks.

"I love you too, yeol"

Chanyeol snaked his arms around the boy's waist and pulled him closer so they were touching.

He leant down and pressed his lips against Baekhyun. Baekhyun leant into the kiss as he closed his eyes, feeling lighter than ever, feeling in love all over again.

They pulled away and leant their foreheads together, Baekhyun slightly leaning on his tiptoes to meet him halfway.

Chanyeol let go of the smaller and jumped onto Baekhyuns bed. He tapped the side next to him, signalling for Baekhyun to join him.  The boy laughed and did just that. He crawled up next to him and snuggled close to his boyfriends chest. Chanyeol was more than happy to hold him close and rest his head on Baekhyuns.

"I remember when i first met you" Chanyeol started, his gentle, soft voice soothing Baekhyun to the core.

Though, the words themselves made Baekhyun feel slightly uneasy.

"It was in high school. The first day of high school." He said. "It only took a minute for me to realise how much I adored you. Sounds cheesy, but I was convinced it was truly love at first sight. I didn't think it existed until then."

Baekhyun chuckled and snuggled even closer to the boy, if that was even possible.

"You were so beautiful, and still are. The best in the whole school. I remember you sat with me once at lunch. Although, you only sat there because your friends were sick, I was happy for the rest of the day."

"You're making me feel bad" Baekhyun laughed sadly, thinking about how he couldn't remember the same things Chanyeol could.

"Ah, I'm sorry." Chanyeol quickly apologised. "I wasn't trying to I promise."

"It's okay"

"I just wanted to tell you that I've always liked you Baek, I always will"

"I'm sorry I treated you badly."

Chanyeol ruffled the boy's hair and laughed. "I don't care about that, you don't need to be sorry"

Baekhyun shifted so he was looking up to his boyfriend with big glistening eyes. "Im so grateful I have you"

The taller smiled and kissed the boy on the top of his nose, making him giggle. "Can we stay like this forever?"

"I would if we could."

"Byun Baekhyun, I love you so much, you know that right?"

"I do, you've told me plenty of times and that was just today"

"I like to keep reminding you"

"I hope you know I love you too, Park Chanyeol"

———

Thank you so much again for all your kindness, I'm so grateful for all the votes and comments this book has gotten ahhh

Sorry for the wait for the epilogue, it took a while as I haven't had much motivation for anything recently

But thank you once moreee you've all waited patiently

Hope to see you again soon my lovelies!!

💛💛