26.0

"Oh man I've had way too much to drink"

"You're an idiot, dae, do you never learn from last time?" Luhan rolled his eyes.

The other side of the table was quiet. Ever since Baekhyun came back out of the toilet with Luhan, he hadn't really said anything. Of course he was listening, occasionally at least, but didn't feel like speaking at that time. Chanyeol had stayed pretty silent too. You could definitely tell as he was the one that was doing the most talking along with Jongdae. The two had spent pretty much most got the night laughing and telling stories up until now. So Jongdae was now left to do the talking and Luhan was the only one left to reply.

Baekhyun's friends could feel something weird going off between the two. He was glad they didn't bring it up.

"Well, we should go now, probably" Luhan said nudging Baekhyun out of his little daze and standing up.

Baekhyun looked up to his friend before nodding and following his actions.

"Chanyeol are you coming?" Jongdae asked and Baekhyun really hoped he hadn't.

"Uh," he started as though he had to think of the answer. "yeah, sure"

---

Once paying, Chanyeol joined the three of them outside where they began to walk along the streets in the dark.

As they came closer and closer to where Luhan and Jongdae turned off at different streets, Baekhyun became increasingly more nervous as he will have to walk the rest with Chanyeol.
If it had been a few days ago he would have loved to... now, not so much.

"Bye baek!" Is what his friends said as they turned off the other way, Baekhyun standing anxiously still as he dreaded the rest of the walk home.
"Call me when you get home safely" Luhan said with a wave.

After they left, Baekhyun and Chanyeol were still stood in the middle of the path. Baekhyun didn't want to move—well it was more like he couldn't, his feet wouldn't budge. If he turned round that would mean he'd have to face the glowingly beautiful Chanyeol while feeling enormous amounts of sadness.

"Baekhyun?" Chanyeol's voice, soft and gentle. "Are you ok?"

No, he thought, no I'm not ok

"Yeah" he replies shakily.

He quickly turns on his heels and begins to walk at a fast pace. He tries to ignore Chanyeol who caught up to him within a second with his long slender legs.

"Baek–wait-"

No

Baekhyun fastens his pace without thinking.

"Wait a second-" Chanyeol says again but Baekhyun doesn't listen.

He speeds up even more, realising he's now running.

But he didn't get far enough. Chanyeol caught up again and pushed himself in front of the boy, stopping him in his track. Baekhyun had forgotten he played football, of course he was fast.

Chanyeol grabbed the smallers shoulders, not to strong but not too gentle either.  "Baekhyun— please just stop" he said sternly this time. Baekhyun obeyed this time but continued to avoid eye contact.