Chapter 56: Roses, Vanilla and Berries

"I told you, she wasn't going to eat you." Levi mocked while were walking down the street.

It's already 8 PM after having a small dinner at their residences so this time around we are heading to Levi's vacay porch.

We didn't called Mister Adam to drive us since Levi said it's much better for me to experience the nice air while walking at this hour here in France. Plus the porch is just walking distance.

"I wasn't expecting the thing that you said," I glared at him. "I am just a little concerned about her impression to me. Besides, I didn't even expected her to be that nice since I based it on yours. But its legitimately complete opposite. And it wasn't a bad thing."

Levi laughs at me and pinches my cheek. He lets go of my facr from his touch and begin synchronizing his steps to mine until he spoke again.

"I don't even know myself how come she's still that nice after... her past experiences."

I became silent for a while when he begin telling their story.

"I was raised without a father. Actually, we weren't rich. We're just poor little citizens at this town.... before... my talent was discovered." He stated.

"It was fine if you don't have to finish." I interrupted. "It'll just rewind all the hurtful memories that you had before." I held his hand tighter. "You can tell me those things once you're fine bringing it back."

He rolls his eyes to me. "You know I can tell everything to you whenever I wanted. But it seems that you read me today."

He's probably expecting that I can see him neutral just like before but over the years we had each other helped to even know each other more. Now I know when he was hiding his little feelings that causes a big deal.

"Of course, I never thought you'd be too easy." I teased. "I can read within those eyes like an open book."

"Sure you do." He wraps his arms around my shoulder as I giggled in his dumb statement.

"Anyway, I think like your mom. From the way she talk and act. She seems like a protective and meticulous ones. It's surprising that you're right. She'd be proud of you, huh?"

He shrugged. "To be honest, it was a guess," he looks at me, "You look afraid that time so I thought of encouraging you, until it turns out to be true."

'What? So he didn't meant those words?'

I can see that he stares at me for a while as I becames silent. "But don't worry. Even if it was just a guess, I expected it to Kuchel just like what happened and I'm glad that she was proud."

"Really?" I chuckled. "Then, I should thank you."

"You're welcome, mademoiselle." Levi smirks.

By the time we spent talking, we finally reached the place and it wasn't anything big. It's just a house. Nothing too fancy, nothing to simple. Just the way I like it.

We entered the porch and we stood inside, Levi closing the door behind and opened the lights.

"How was it?" He asks me.

"It was perfect." I smiled at him, observing the surrounding.

"Really? This is actually way simpler than our houses back at Japan." He asks again and puts our bags down. Our luggages was delivered by Sir Adam earlier anyway.

"That's the point," I said as I slouched on the sofa. "I've missed the simplest things for living. You know, we don't have any too much fancy to burn my eyes."