Author of the Week|DeathBySpearmint

June 15, 2014

Congratulations to DeathBySpearmint for becoming the next author of the week!

Tori (or Tobias, or Four, whatever floats your boat (if you don't get this reference please educate yourself in popular dystopian novels)), has been a member of Wattpad since last year, and has accumulated a scant 330 fans. This statistic doesn't reflect her writing skill, however, as her novel Trains shows levels of writing skills and talent that deserve much more recognition from Wattpad.

Trains, a fairly new novel from Tori, centers around Leah who agrees to tutor Jason in 3d pythag. Although some may argue that the whole tutoring plot is a tad overused (I'm guilty of it as well), Leah's narratio is quite different from the standard, her zany British thoughts providing necessary humor and the common thoughts of a teenage girl. It is, (please exucse my attempt at being wholly unAmerican), blood brilliant.

Quote: "Silence in the hall descended as his speech sunk in, no one spoke, all except for one person. 'Did he just quote fucking Hannah Montana to us?'" (T Chapter 1)

A Word of Thanks:  I would like to start off my thanking my agent, John, who's endless amounts of patience got me here. I'd like to thank my manager, Linda, who always made sure I got out of bed in the morning. I'd like to thank my fans, family and friends, you guys are the bomb. And finally a big thank you to Anne for starting this! You deserve an entire category of awards!

[In all seriousness thank you all so much, I'm so happy and honoured.

Some Tips: I've always been big on this but your plot line, to me, doesn't matter as much as your character detail/development. If you develop solid characters, that are /real/ and not 2-D, carbon copies of each other then it's a lot easier to over-look a few plot holes. Try to create characters that aren't perfect, and have flaws. Create someone that has every single allergy in the world. Create someone that has the lowest self-esteem you've ever seen. Just  create something that's real, your book will be 10x better because of it.

Congratulate Tori once again and be sure to support her!