Author of the Week|textures

May 4, 2014

Congratulations to textures for being named the very first author of the week!

textures, also known as Shirley by many, has been a member of Wattpad for nearly a year, and has only 500 followers, a minuscule number compared to what she deserves. Her ongoing novels, Vaguely Prickly and asdfghjkl, showcase her amazing and uniquewriting talent and ought to have millions of reads each. Although both are fairly new novels, they contain rich language and unique plots that are sure to capture your attention.

Vaguely Prickly is a novel about two people who are forced to work on an English project, which turns out to be more difficult when they realize that they are polar opposites. The main character, Carrie, contains much depth from the very first chapter, her narration, although gloomy and pessimistic, intriguing and relatable. Shirley sets up this novel perfectly with a writing style that evokes sophistication and manages to paint a scene filled with details and emotions. Vaguely Prickly is a must read for anyone interested in a whimsical romance between two lovable, multi-faceted characters.

Quote: "It seemed fully unfair to Carrie that her English teacher should pounce upon her drowsy class with a new project when Carrie wasn't fully awake yet". (VP Chapter 1). This is the very first sentence of Vaguely Prickly; how can you not love it already?

A word from textures: "Well, the first thing I want to say is a really extravagant THANK YOU THANK YOU SO MUCH I LOVE EACH AND EVERY ONE OF YOU. A LOT. LIKE A GIANT WORLD-FULL OF LOVE. I really suck at thank you’s, but this is coming with all my heart. I love you. One tip I follow for everything I write is don’t. give. up. Sometimes, you can take a break from writing and maybe just do something else for a bit, but other times, you have to work your way through it. You just gotta keep pushing. Your writing may be crappy and you may feel drained, but eventually it will get better. If you feel like it really just isn’t working; like, you have zero motivation, sometimes it’s best to stop the story. But you want to know which path you’re going to take."

To help out Shirley, please check out her novels and let her know what you think! All detailed comments on her stories are very much appreciated, and if you really like her novels, let her know by following textures or sending her a message!

Any thoughts on the author of the week or her novels? Comment below, or better yet, talk to her directly!