Author of the Week|lullaby

May 25, 2014

Congratulations to lullaby for being the newest author of the week!

lullaby, also known by Phoebe, is a rather new member of Wattpad, joining back in February. Currently, she has a little over 200 fans and about 3,000 reads on her fantasy novel, Sterile Skies. This novel, nominated several times, is definitely quite different from others on Wattpad, a mixture of fantasy, teen fiction, and just pure genius.

Sterile Skies is about four teenagers who are abducted from their normal lives and put into cells, monitored by the 'monsters'. Set in four different point of view, the story follows the struggles of four very different, but dynamic, people and the forces of evil against them. With a rich tone that conveys the heartbreak, the fear, the anger, the betrayal, Phoebe easily paints a gorgeous, yet painful, novel. Although Sterile Skies is quite different from a lot of other Wattpad books, it's uniqueness makes it a must read.

Quote: "My eyes, weary and sore from moths of exposure to the artificial light hanging over my head, slide over the blank wall that stands to the right of me. It's the same as always, unforgiving and unmoving, just like the other three." (SS Chapter 1)

A Word of Thanks: So here I am eating porridge and I find out people actually suggest me and my story to OfTheWeek and suddenly my morning is ten times better than a stupid bowl of cinnamon Quaker Oats. OfTheWeek is one of the best ideas since chunky peanut butter, so I just wanna quickly congratulate Anne on her amazing and lovely idea. Thank you so so much for the people who suggested my story. It's kind of my baby so I'm delighted other people wanna care for it too. To the lovely humans that have read my stories in the past, I have no clue where my writing would be without the help of you guys. Your support is amazing, and I'm gonna get back to my porridge now before I get all soppy.

Some Tips: Me giving others tips is going to be hard, mainly because I'm a beginner myself. I've only been writing for a few years, but I guess I have picked up some things that may be useful. I think the main thing is to stay passionate about your writing. You literally get to create people and worlds and lives, and I think that's pretty cool. So have fun with it, because if you don't like what you're doing, your readers wont. Also, I see a lot of people on here that often get upset about the quality of their own writing, saying it isn't as good as other writers. Ya know what's amazing? Development. Everyone starts out from scratch. Everyone learns to get better. Believe it or not, people aren't just born talented (save for beyonce) and it takes a bunch of hard work to get better at what they love, and they'll be determined to improve if that is what they truly adore. If you don't like your writing, keep writing. Read. Get inspired. The only way is up.

Once again, like always, please show your support for Phoebe by leaving her a message, reading and commenting on her books, and fanning her if you believe she deserves it!