Decisions made

Severus ~

It only took Amelia an hour to prepare for our departure to Hogwarts, she had just walked through the door to the main Parlor. Her trunk in hand, which she set beside the doorway and promptly exited the room again. Where was she going now? Lucius nodded as if saying to go find out, in which I stood in pursuit of the younger woman the three of us waited. At the doorway I see her picking up an empty portrait that appeared to be maybe a foot and a half shorter than herself. Watching in curiosity as she carried it into the Parlor quietly, all the way over to the much smaller frame her sister awaited in.

She peered around it to see her sister's waiting face, "What do you think? Will this do?"

"It's perfect Mia." Seriena Nodded in approval, "Is it all ready for me?" With a nod from Mia, she made her way back to the portrait of the broken family on the wall, took her seat next to her sad parents, and waited. Amelia swished her wand and a hairbrush appeared floated at her side, taking a piece of hair from the brush she placed it into a small vial she now held in her hand, pouring it over the painting in front of her. We all watched as the potion moved across the painting, soaking into the paint as it went.

"Why isn't it moving?" Mia asked her sister after a couple of minutes of patiently waiting.

"Before my spirit can take over this painting it must be in a different room or location. I can't exist in this painting and that one at the same time, in the same room." Seriena explained, with a smile before she continued. "Take it with you to Hogwarts and once you have placed me there, I can be there with you."

Amelia smiled, you could see she had thought she had failed at creating another portrait for her sister. Shrinking the new portrait down, before realizing she didn't have a pocket to place it in. I quickly stepped up to her side, "If you like I could carry your belongings to the Castle for you?"

"Are you sure?" She asked, unsure of the idea for a moment. Maybe her past was interfering? When was the last time she, herself with all her memories intact, was able to trust someone? Which undoubtedly would be a hard concept for her for a time to come. I understand that feeling, for I had been in a similar standing before, and until recently hadn't known the true depth of said uncertainty.

"I will not lead you astray Amelia, you have my word." Reassuring her, that she could trust me, even with something as trivial as personal belongings. With a nod, Amelia put the shrunken portrait into my much larger hand.

"Thank you," She said before looking at the family portrait with what seemed to be said eyes.

"Are you up for an epic adventure Mia?" She asked smiling down at her, which cracked a smile from Amelia herself. "Let us go then sister!" Seriena exclaimed, her hands held in the air above her head.

"Let's," Amelia said before turning to the fireplace, where Lucius and Narcissa waited to go through with her. Taking Narcissa's hand, she stepped through with the slightly older woman, followed by Lucius. Just as I was about to step into the fireplace Seriena's voice got my attention.

"Please don't let my sister slip away, there's only so much I can do to help her through a portrait. You will have to do most of this on your own, but I will help you where I can." Seriena said with a sad smile before I stepped through the fire.

Stepping into the Headmaster's office, wiping away the soot from my robes. Looking around the room I see that Amelia is standing in the stained glass casement windows, that overlooked the courtyard below. Her shoulders were stiff as she looked out at the horizon, not bothering to look down at the courtyard below. Over her shoulder I could see the sun glistening over the forbidden forest and the black lake. She sighed turning around to face me, "May I place her portrait in here?"

"Of course," I said pulling the portrait from my pocket holding it up in the palm of my hand. She used her wand to levitate and resize the portrait. Looking around the room for a good place to put her, she saw Dumbledore's portrait hanging on the wall behind the dask. This angered her, I watched as she set his portrait aflame and sent it flying out the open window to the courtyard below. Then she proceeded to place her sister's portrait in his place, I stood there just watching her as did the portraits of other Headmasters. All looking agitated at the girl, one opened his mouth to say something but I interrupted him before he could get a word out. "If you have a problem with Dumbledore's new placing then you can join him." Challenging the portraits to attempt their argument.

"That was an evil, vile man and I will not have him proudly presented to the students of this school." Amelia said with venom dripping from her voice before exiting the room.

I followed behind her quickly, "Amelia where are you going?"

She stopped turning to me looking thoughtful, "I was actually going to look for your lab."

"Are you sure?" I asked her concerned for her mental wellbeing.

"You and I both know I can't be brewing up here in the towers," She said looking me in the eyes. "Would you show me the way?"

"Yes of course," I answered taking the lead showing her down to my area of the dungeons. "Your brew won't be extra high maintenance will it?" I asked curious as to our sleeping situation, knowing it unwise to sleep in the towers if her brews were high maintenance, for she and I would never sleep.

"I will need to be close by for sleeping, so unfortunately I must sleep in the dungeons." She said her voice not giving any indication of her feelings on the matter.

I stopped turning to look at her, "Are you sure you can handle that?"

"I am more then capable of doing whatever needs to be done." She growled back openingly glaring.

"Capability is not my concern," Her face shifted morphing into one of uncertainty. "My concern is whether or not staying in the dungeons is going to damage your mentality?"

"Will you be close by?" She asked looking me in the face with a look of hope? Yes it must be hope, perhaps she was afraid to be alone.

"If you'd prefer it, I could easily extend my lab to add a bed until we are finished?" I answered back.

"That would be perfect Severus," Amelia nodded looking a bit more sure of herself. Just like that our potions adventure in the dungeons had began, though I still questioned how long she could handle it. Only time would tell.