Dinner with Him

Amelia ~

Walking down the hallway I apparated to Gringotts, and proceeded to the front. The Goblin looked at me as though he had seen a ghost, "Zabini vault."

He nodded leaning over his work space to whisper to me, "Do you know the required password to enter my dear?"

"Amour," answering back in a whisper. I knew this Goblin, he had always been our Vault keeper, the only one who knew the password outside of our family. With a smile he beckoned me to follow him, through a set of door then an iron gate charmed with magic. He helped me get seated in the trolley cart as he had always done. At least this had not change on me!

After he was seated at the control levers and we were moving, he asked me questions over the sound of the cart moving. "May I ask how you are alive, my dear?"

"I was kidnapped, used for testing, then changed into a person I wasn't. Honestly you've seen me several times in these past six years."

He looked at me with shock, "What was your name? I remember every face and name, and this is the first time I've seen you since you disappeared years ago. Your family was devastated, especially when your sister was no more as well. They even left the Manor a few years after, Mr. Blaise Zabini has never seen the original Manor since he was the age of six."

Hearing that was like a blow to the gut, making the guilt so much worse. I destroyed my family from what he was saying, and yet had no choice in the making. The Light side of the war would pay for all of this if I had anything to do with it, and being immortal as it were, they were all dead I just had to collect the bodies. Unfortunately I had all the time in the world to do so, and wished I had none of it, to collect and die to be with the family I missed so dearly.

"I was known as the brightest witch of her age, Hermione Granger. Dumbledore used my as a ploy in the war."

"It makes sense now, she was always so mature for her age." Pulling up to a coven of Vaults, hopping out I moved to the one I knew to be mine. The Goblin placed his hand upon the door, with a few reluctant clicks the door sprang open, revealing the piles of gold, silver, and bronze. The vault was very large, full of family heirlooms, jewelry, and scrolls of important parchment.

Looking around the room, I found what I had came for and something thought to have been gone forever. After filling my money bag, I happened upon a piece of jewelry I recognized. Picking it up to look closer at it, only to realize it was my heart shaped locket, the one that I wore everywhere. It sat atop my personal journal, the one that had been with me at Hogwarts. Picking both up before exiting the Vault, "I am done."

He closed the Vault as I settled myself back into the cart, sitting quietly the whole time we moved closer and closer to the surface. Making haste out of Gringotts, I had things to be done and no time to worry about the past for now.

Severus ~

I sat at the desk in her sitting room, honestly it felt odd practically using a strangers sitting room. There was much for me to do, and not much time to do so. After the conversation I had with her earlier that day, things just weren't settling right. Opening the middle drawer above my lap, a pensive rose out to the middle of the desk's surface. That hadn't been what I was looking for, but it was quite convenient. If I watch the memories she had given me, partially to shut me up, but none the less to show me what she had seen. Maybe, just maybe it would help set things right in his head. Help him believe her even, the looks she was giving me during our conversation was haunted, and I wanted to get to the bottom of that.

Taking the phial from my frock coat, I poured the contents in. Seeing the silver strands turn to swirls of black, seemingly endless. Placing my face in the middle of the whirling black memories, I rocket into her past.