Chapter 15

Here it is lovelies! Just three more chapters after this!

 It's been a wild ride and it's still not done!

 This chapter holds a huge surprise!

Comment and vote! I'd love to hear what you guys have to say about his one.

Next update hopefully by next Friday.

40 votes = Update Wednesday

(And trust me, you'll want this one)

XOXOXOXOXO

“Kayden?” I yelled through the apartment. Boxes stacked up in the corner of the living room. Shane was in the process of moving in. His landlord kicked him out of his apartment and he would currently sleep in the living room until I could move Kayden into my room.

 Her feet echoed through out the living room as she came stomping into the kitchen. Her shirt hung crooked on her torso and her blonde ringlets were matted on the back of her neck. I watched her curiously wondering what she had gotten herself into. She looked up at me with questioning eyes.

 “Yes?” she asked. She pushed a piece of her hair from her face. I could see little beads of sweat covering her forehead, making me even more curious as to what she had done.

 “Go clean up your room. We need to start moving you out, so Shane can move in,” I said. I went back to stirring the cake batter that I was currently mixing together. She looked at me and then turned on her heels, running back to her room and shutting the door. I sighed.

 The front door opened and immediately I could hear the sound of the waves down the street. I looked up and watched as Shane came rumbling through, tugging a suitcase behind him and balancing a box in the other hand. I dropped the batter spoon and walked over to help him. I grabbed the box out of his arms and he looked at me graciously. Taking the box, I led him to the living room, placing the box on top of another.

 “Is that it?” I asked. Shane shook his head and pointed to the door. 

 “Got three more in the car,” he said.

 “Do you need help?”

 Shane shook his head and made his way back out the door. I watched as he made his way for the car. I went back into the kitchen to pour the batter into a pan and placed it in the oven. I set the timer for fifteen minutes. Just as I shut the oven door, I heard a crash right outside.

 I rushed out to the front porch and saw Shane’s frustrated face and a pile of clothes thrown about. I couldn’t help but chuckle at the situation. Shane glanced up at me and I immediately quit, deciding to bend down and help.

 “So you did need help?” I smiled. Shane rolled his eyes and proceeded to bring the remaining two boxes to the living room. I followed with the busted box.