"Man how you do this shit? I been trying for an hour." He says and I laugh.

"You wasted a whole roll of wrapping paper for this small ass box?"

"Yup."

"Gimme the box." I say then he hands me the box. I grab some of the wrapping paper and I slowly wrapped it so he can see everything I'm doing. 

"Done." I say then I hand him the wrapped box.

"You made it look easy."

"It is easy. Let's clean up this mess so we can go to the doctor." I say then we start to pick up all the wrapping paper and threw it in the trash. 

After we finished cleaning up Brandon and I left the house to go to the doctor.

It's his four weeks check up and I'm going with him. As we walk to his car I examined his outfit.

 As we walk to his car I examined his outfit

"I want them shoes," I tell him.

"I'll get you a pair this weekend."

"You for real?" I ask excitedly.

"Yea, I already know how you feel about shoes." He says then he opens the car door for me. I get in then he walks to the driver's side.

He cranks the car up and backs out of the driveway.

**

We walk into the doctor's office and we both walk up to the counter.

"Excuse me. I'm here for a doctor's appointment." Brandon tells the lady.

"What's your first and last name?"

"Brandon Young." 

"Ok, we will call you in a couple minutes to go into the back." The lady says and he nods his head. We walk to the seats and we sit down.

"I hope ion have to wear this damn sling no mo." He says.

"You shouldn't have to wear it anymore. Your shoulder got better. Your ribs are what I'm worried about."

"It ain't nun to be worried about, I'm straight." 

"How are you so sure that nothing else is wrong?"

"Because I been shot before and this ain't nothing I can't deal with."

I roll my eyes, "I'm so ready for you to get out of the game."

He grabs my hand, "It's coming ma." He says then I lay my head on his shoulder. 

I hope it's soon.

"Brandon Young!" We hear then we hop out of our seats. We walk to the back, hand in hand.

The nurse leads us to a room and she tells us that the doctor will be here in a couple minutes.

"They got lollipops in this bitch." Brandon says then he takes a lollipop out of the jar.

"You want one?" He asks me.

"Yea." I say then he gives me one of them.

I look around the room and I open some of the cabinets. I opened my purse and I started taking gloves, band-aids and some other shit they had in here.

"What the hell Mia."

"My grandma and my mama do it so leave me alone," I say as I take more stuff. 

"We ghetto as fuck." He says laughing. 

"On me." I say then I close all the cabinets. 

I sit on Brandon's lap and I play in his hair as we wait for the doctor. 

"When you gon let me twist your hair?" I ask him.

"Whenever you want to." He says then the doctor walks in. 

"Hello, I'm Dr.Lawson. I see you're in here for a checkup." She says and we nod.

"Ok, let me put on some gloves and we can get started." She says then she walks to the cabinet.

"Well, darn there's no gloves in here. I'll be back." She says and when she leaves we bust out laughing. 

"You took all the gloves?"

"The whole damn box." I say still laughing.