Chapter Thirteen

▬

The trio agreed to meet in the Great Hall the next morning rather than hang out in the Library due to the Goblet of Fire. However, Ginny intended to do a lot more than watch people enter the tournament, today she was planning a debate...

"You look determined," Chance remarked as Ginny came to sit with them, "Is the delightful Florizel in this room by any chance?"

"No, she's going to enter the cup," Simon theorised, his hand on his chin, "Aging potion?"

"What?" She furrowed her brow, "No, neither of those things ... although Florizel is in the room," Chance and Simon exchanged a look, "But that's not why I'm determined! I'm actually determined because of you two."

"Ginny, um, you're like a sister to us - "

"In both the Nun way and blood way," Simon felt it necessary to add.

"You dolts, not that ... boys, it's time to debate."

Simon smiled, "I think I see where this is going ... no, Ginny, just because you can't see DNA and think the name is silly, doesn't mean it's not there."

"No."

"Oh?" A look of doubt crossed his face, "I may not be so psychic after all then..."

She leant in, gesturing for them to move closer to her. They obliged as she continued, "So ... I'm thinking of asking for Demelza's help - " Chance gasped, his hands jumping to his face to conceal the beaming smile underneath, " - as a trial run."

Quickly Chance regained his composure, pretending to be only mildly interested, "Whatever brought this on? Not some devious plan created by us for sure... because there wasn't one, you'll never get us to talk!"

Both boys were watching her attentively, "Well, yesterday as I went to talk to some boys, Demelza came in and rather stole the show ... I was very impressed."

"What?" Simon asked, with mock surprise, "I am shocked."

"I know you two set it up," Ginny replied.

"Guilty as charged," Simon replied caving immediately.

"Did my hints help you figure it out? I'm thrilled it worked!" Chance practically sang gleefully, "Well, I think you know where I stand. Ginny, I think this is a wonderful idea, Demelza will be the perfect person to help, I can't wait to let her know - "

"Hold on," Ginny said raising a hand, "I want to hear what Simon thinks ... he's less biased."

"You're biased," Chance huffed.