Chapter Nine

▬

Dear Quinton,

It had taken her almost a week and that was all she'd managed. The idea of writing to Quinton and asking him for advice on boys seemed fine but every time her quill touched the paper, she froze up.

To be fair, a lot had happened over said week. The new Defence teacher, Moody was turning out to be a loose cannon and there had already been two concussions and one near miss ... in the first lesson alone. Chance had also accidentally set his hair on fire twice and was sure Simon was behind it forcing Ginny to attempt to mediate. Eventually, Simon had confessed all charges, claiming it was both an honest mistake and an experiment gone wrong. With problems such as these, she could find excuses as to why she'd hadn't written yet but she'd be lying if she said that was the main reason. 

The main reason had a name and that name was Demelza Robins. 

To be fair, Ginny had only tried to write once but she'd hoped to be alone so nobody could make her second guess herself. She was already worried that Hermione would misinterpret her simple request for advice so the last thing she needed was somebody else intruding. That was why she'd strategically chosen a time when she knew the other girls in her dorm would be busy. She was all alone and in the right frame of mind to write ... until Demelza had decided to stop by.

"Ginny! Hi, I thought you were here," Demelza said, poking her head in making Ginny jump. 

"Demelza? I thought you and the other girls had gone to hang out by the lake with some other friends."

"Them? Oh no ... things didn't go well. One of them was describing how her uncle slipped on a banana peel and broke his back. Apparently hysterically laughing wasn't the right response," She shrugged, "But I reckoned you'd be here so thought I'd come and join you instead." 

Ginny had barely formed a response when Demelza, with a cry of, "Ooh, what are you writing?" practically belly flopped onto the mattress next to her.

"Oh, please, join me," Ginny mumbled sarcastically. She appreciated Demelza letting her sit with her when Chance and Simon weren't around but joining her on her bed was a whole other matter. In fact, she was coming to resent Demelza's perkiness a little mainly because she had no idea what she'd done to deserve it. Most likely there was nothing to it in Demelza's eyes but Ginny had endured fake friends before who really wanted to pry into the ordeal with Tom Riddle before. Everyone was a suspect.

"What are you writing?" Demelza repeated, bobbing eagerly, "Ooh, is it private?"

"No, I'm covering it with my hand for no reason," Ginny replied sarcastically.