Chapter Three.

It may not seem like I have a lot of use for my powers, but I can honestly say that I really do. They might not be totally badass uses but they are helpful.

Like if my coffee ever gets cold I could hold my hand around it and warm it up. If it were hot and I wanted iced coffee I could easily make it cold.

I use my powers a lot more than I think I do and I don't know if that's a problem or not but I'd like to think it's not.

I could only imagine how my parents feel. Even though that now, you can tell that they are used to it and maybe sometimes even enjoy it.

"I hope you have a great day at school today, love." My dad said. My mum following behind him as they followed me to the door.

"Thanks. I love you guys." I say sincerely and smile at them.

"We love you too- Reagan?" My dad looked out the now open front door and looked suddenly concerned. "Who's that waiting outside our house?" He asked putting his hands on my shoulders in attempt to pull me back.

I turned around, a sudden nervousness appeared in my stomach. Jack Evans was standing on the sidewalk in front of my house. He looked at me with a big grin and waved his hand. I smiled and felt the blood rush to my face.

Turning to my parents I say "That's Jack Evans. He helped me find my class yesterday." I watched as my parents faces turned into two different emotions. My mom was practically jumping up and down with an enormous grin and then, on the other hand, my dads eyes were narrowed. He didn't trust him.

"Well go on, get out there!" My mom squealed out of our happiness and basically pushed me out the door and shutting it behind her.

I chuckled at her actions before turning away and focusing my attention on the teenage boy who stood before me. "Hey." He smiled.

"Hey, isn't it kind of stalkerish that you're at my house and I never gave you my address?" I giggled and his face grew red.

"I know people." He laughed and held out his arm.

Oh, that totally doesn't make me nervous that you know people who can find my address. What else can they do? Turn me into the authorities so I can become a grade A military weapon? "That's cool, I guess." Is what I responded with and I linked my arm around his and we began to walk to school.

"I actually came here to tell you something, kind of like a warning." He began and glanced at me.

I looked at him directly then back at the sidewalk ahead of me. He was silent for a few seconds before I said "Go on."

"Yesterday Ashlynn wanted you to be part of her group and you declined," he paused and I, in my mind, recalled those events. "She only wanted you to be part of her group because she sees you as a threat."

"A threat?" I blurted out right after him. Why would she see me as a threat?

"Yeah, because you're really pretty and she fears that you'll come in and ruin her reputation of being the prettiest and most popular girl at school."

"Pfft, that's insane. That is totally, absolutely NOT what I want to do." I shrugged and rolled my eyes.

"That's good, but there's more I need to fill you in on." He began to further explain that Ashlynn has had her eye on him for forever because he is apparently the hottest guy in school. He also said that she doesn't like when he talked to other girls and she definitely wouldn't like to see him talking to me.

"But I'm not going to just stop talking to you because she doesn't want me to. I don't like her and I never will. I just want to tell you because yesterday you've made yourself her new enemy." He finished explaining.