Chapter Twelve-Only Hope

We are nearing the Imperial Palace on Coruscant. Onboard the New Phantom is Rex, Ahsoka, Kanan, Sabine and I. 

"There it is." I exclaim. 

The ship lands, and as it does so, I walk towards the former Jedi Temple, before being interrupted by a laser blast from a stormtrooper.

I ignite my blade and deflect the blaster at the stormtrooper before pointing it at the ground. MOre troopers approach, and Sabine stands next to me, blasting the troopers.

Ahsoka joins in, as does Kanan and Rex, who shoots the troopers. 

"How are we going to do this?" Kanan asks, as he deflects lasers.

"I don't know, Kanan." I reply, before using my white blade to slash a stormtrooper. I look in sorrow, and run towards  the temple with Ahsoka. An Ithorian Inquisitor hovers towards us and I intercept his red blade as it attempts to strike me. 

On the Inquisitor's lightsaber hilt, I notice many markings, which I assume to be Ithorian.

"Ahsoka, watch out." I yell as I notice another Inquisitor, this one being a Trandoshan.

"I wil hunt you, Jedi."

"I'm not a Jedi. Neither is Ahsoka." I remark.

"Well, I am an Inquisitor. The Eleventh Brother."

The inquisitor attempts  to strike me, but Kanan blocks it.

"YOu want him, you have to go through me."

I continue my duel with the Ithorian,before it spins away. The Trandoshan fights with Ahsoka, and I see sparks of green and red.

*

Clyde opens the Sith Holocron, as Emperor Palpatine watches.

"Very good, Clyde. You have proven to be a very skilled apprentice."

"Thank you, master."

Then,  an Ithorian Inquisitor approaches. 

"What is it, Tenth Brother."

"Sir, three Jedi, a clone, and a Mandalorian are attacking the Imperial Palace."

"Follow me. We shall deal with them."

*

Ahsoka strikes the killing blow to the Eleventh Brother, and we enter the temple with Rex in tow.

Standing there is Clyde, who has his crossguard ignited.

"They're mine. Deal with the Mandalorian and that Kanan dude."

The Ithorian growls through it's translator, and it runs off. 

cLYDE then attempts to strike Ahsoka, but she parries his blows.

"Get Anakin!" 

I nod and run into the palace. A few minutes later, I'm on another level, running, when I am blasted by a bolt of electricity.

"You really think I would just let you waltz in here, ay?"

"Sidious."

"Now, Spectre Seven, you're only hope is in carbonite, and you will die!"

A man jumps in front of Sidious' electricity shock, but it's not Vader. It's another Jedi, wielding a blue lightsaber. He is wearing a blue tunic and a blue headdress.

"GO! I've got him. He's in the office."

I nod, and I run. Shortly after, the Jedi follows me after he pushes the Emperor back.

*

Ahsoka duels Clyde, and cuts his hand off before pointing her lightsaber at his throat. However, an Inquisitor moves to attack Ahsoka, which distracts her as Clyde escapes.

*

THe Jedi and I enter Palpatine's office, and I look at the Jedi as he starts to unfreeze Vader from carbonite.

"I didn't catch your name."

"Limark."

"How did you find me?"

"I received a message through that Silver Holocron when it was opened."

"How?"

"I helped build it!"

I gasp. "You're the Chosen Second."

"Well, I'm not really part of some Force prophecy, but Aimee called me that teasingly."

"I can't see."

"Well, you were carbon frozen." I remark. 

Then, Vader pats my shoulder. "Thank you."

"You're welcome, Anakin."

Vader uses the Force to pull his lightsaber to his hand, and follows us on the way out."

*

We're back on the last level, and Sabine, Ahsoka, Kanan, and Rex are duelling the Ithorian, until Limark steps in and pushes the Ithorian aside before following us onto the Nightbrother.

As our ship leaves, I watch as Ahsoka and Vader share a moment  onboard the ship.

"Thank you, Snips." Anakin replies.

"Your welcome, Skyguy."

I look at Vader's helmet. "Well, let's head back to Takodana."

*

Clyde walks towards to the Emperor's office with the Inquisitor, expecting to see anger from the Emperor. But instead, the Emperor is laughing.

"Shouldn't you be upset that Vader escaped?"

Palpatine laughs even more. "Clyde, you have much to learn. I believe I have found someone more powerful."

Clyde gulps. "We shall see, sir."