Chapter Six-Project Retaliation

The Nightbrother arrives in the Endor system, and approaches the lush, green forest of the planet.

"Prepare landing cycles." Sabine advises.

I do so, and then ready my blaster. "I can't believe I'm about to be working with Imperials."

"Nathan, you sure we should be doing this?" Ezra asks.

"No. But, we can't let them have the Defender. It's a very powerful TIE."

The Nightbrother enters the atmosphere and I notice an Imperial ship parked in a grassy yard. It's a ship that looks familiar but I don't really know the name of.

The Nightbrother lands in the grassy yard and I step out, scouting the area. A black haired male wearing an Inferno Squad suit smiles.

"My name's Del. This is my girlfriend, Iden Versio, and this by the book grump is Hask."

"Who's in command?"

Iden steps forward, stifling a small smile. "I thought he'd send someone a little more...older."

"Hey!" Sabine taunts from the Nightbrother. "That's my boyfriend."

"Well, enough introductions, it's time to get to work. But, you're rebel friends will have to stay behind."

I glance quickly at Sabine, and she reluctantly walks back up the ramp.

"So, Inferno Squad, I didn't know the Imperials had a base on Endor this early."

"This isn't an Imperial base. It's our base. Now, let me equip you with a nice suit. Agent Meeko, prepare the Corvus for takeoff.

I smile and follow Iden aboard her ship, where I place some Imperial pilot clothes over my rebel uniform.

"I see you're a rebel captain." Iden remarks.

"Well, it's honorary. But I have commanded a squad before."

Iden chuckles. "Grand General Loth spoke of a skirmish on Yavin 4. That was where he was quite interested in an alliance with you."

I grin lightly, as I hop into an elevator with Iden and Hask. I am given a standard Imperial blaster and soon, we are on the bridge. The ship has left the atmosphere, and is preparing to jump to hyperspace.

"I've always wanted to go to Coruscant." I beam.

"Well, today's your lucky day, then." Del replies bluntly, as blue streaks of light run past the ship.

*

Sabine's POV

In hyperspace, I have contacted Hera Syndulla, who is looking at me confusedly.

"Sabine, where's Spectre Seven?" Hera quips.

"Uh, about that, we encountered an Imperial rebellion led by Thrawn and Loth, and they asked for an alliance with us. They want to steal a TIE Defender from Coruscant, so Nathan's agreed to go undercover with Inferno Squadron. But don't worry. He intends to bring it to the rebellion."

"Sabine, don't go making deals with Imperials like that!" Hera shouts.

"Well, we don't trust them either. But, if they do retrieve the  TIE Defender, which Nathan has said to be a powerful fighter, then our rebellion might not stand a chance, especially with the Earth Forces TIE squadron they are building."

"Were." Sabine corrects. "The Rising Storm destroyed those fighters."

"What's the Rising Storm?"